Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W Governor

Site Supporter
    I'm the op. I found a niche for my Governor--in a bathroom vanity drawer next to the john. I'll use it for protection against any and all who might invade my kingdom. Henceforth, I shall call it my throne gun. Loaded with 6 000 buckshot shells, it is surely a death ray.

I like mine as well.
    I will make a good kitchen table gun, heavy DA trigger to keep kids at bay and an extremely good SA trigger. I have all those calibers anyhow, so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
    I like mine as well.
    I will make a good kitchen table gun, heavy DA trigger to keep kids at bay and an extremely good SA trigger. I have all those calibers anyhow, so why not?
    I'm not sure what a kitchen table gun is, or is used for, but a heavy DA trigger will most certainly NOT keep "kids at bay". It needs to be carried or secured as they will absolutely be able to fire it (they can cock it and use that extremely good SA trigger you mentioned).

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I'm the op. I found a niche for my Governor--in a bathroom vanity drawer next to the john. I'll use it for protection against any and all who might invade my kingdom. Henceforth, I shall call it my throne gun. Loaded with 6 000 buckshot shells, it is surely a death ray.
    You should get "Ultima Ratio Regum" engraved on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Lt. View Post
    I'm not sure what a kitchen table gun is, or is used for, but a heavy DA trigger will most certainly NOT keep "kids at bay". It needs to be carried or secured as they will absolutely be able to fire it (they can cock it and use that extremely good SA trigger you mentioned).
    Are you always such a ray of sunshine? My grandkids are only a few months old and I don’t think they can do it. Don’t tell me how to handle guns, OK. I was probably handling guns when you were kicking slats out the cradle.. Gezz..

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
    Are you always such a ray of sunshine? My grandkids are only a few months old and I don’t think they can do it. Don’t tell me how to handle guns, OK. I was probably handling guns when you were kicking slats out the cradle.. Gezz..
    Posting things like a DA keeps the kids at bay is irresponsible. I don't give a shit how old you are or how long you've been handling guns. I bet you I've seen a lot more kids shot than you, and it fucking sucks. Quite a few were from dipshits who thought a DA trigger was too heavy for a kid to pull and who were so fucking smart because they'd been around guns their whole life. Maybe YOUR grandkids can't, but you they can't reach the kitchen table either so the type of trigger is irrelevant. When you post generalities like what you did, people who don't know what they don't know believe it and use it as a safety measure.

You know HOW little kids pull a DA trigger? By putting their thumbs in the trigger guard, wrapping their fingers around the backstrap, and then squeezing it like a lemon. This results in the barrel pointing right at their chest. Then you've got a dead or seriously wounded child. I think my youngest victim was 3. I've seen revolvers used, DA CZs, striker fired, it doesn't matter. The weight of the trigger is not an obstacle.

What you posted was wrong and irresponsible. It *needed* to be called out and corrected. If that hurts your pride or your feelings, I do not give a fuck.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 04-08-2018 at 04:59 PM.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Posting things like a DA keeps the kids at bay is irresponsible. I don't give a shit how old you are or how long you've been handling guns. I bet you I've seen a lot more kids shot than you, and it fucking sucks. Quite a few were from dipshits who thought a DA trigger was too heavy for a kid to pull and who were so fucking smart because they'd been around guns their whole life. Maybe YOUR grandkids can't, but you they can't reach the kitchen table either so the type of trigger is irrelevant. When you post generalities like what you did, people who don't know what they don't know believe it and use it as a safety measure.

You know HOW little kids pull a DA trigger? By putting their thumbs in the trigger guard, wrapping their fingers around the backstrap, and then squeezing it like a lemon. This results in the barrel pointing right at their chest. Then you've got a dead or seriously wounded child. I think my youngest victim was 3. I've seen revolvers used, DA CZs, striker fired, it doesn't matter. The weight of the trigger is not an obstacle.

What you posted was wrong and irresponsible. It *needed* to be called out and corrected. If that hurts your pride or your feelings, I do not give a fuck.
    Truth. I am so freaking tired of the "I've been around guns my whole life" bullshit. Guess what dipshit, you've been doing it wrong your entire life and somehow, despite your own ignorance, and good luck, have managed not to kill yourself or anyone else for that matter.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I assume you are referring to a generic dipshit and not anyone in particular. In any case, I suspect someone will be along soon to take offense and give me a(nother) reason to close this thread.
    Of course, since one of the guiding principles of the forum is to "Remain polite and professional in your conversation with others. Demeaning, insulting, and berating other members will not be tolerated. You are free to disagree, but do so respectfully and with humility."

Should some random dipshit take offense to a general comment made on the internet, I would offer a humble and respectful apology. Or simply wait till PFestivus.
    Taking a break from social media.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Should some random dipshit take offense to a general comment made on the internet, I would offer a humble and respectful apology. Or simply wait till PFestivus.
    OK, so I have 158 days to work "dipshit" into a haiku.

Aw, hell. Can't wait that long.

The Taurus Judge is
    The perfect gun for dipshits
    Says the Internet

The first line could be replaced by ".410 revolver", if someone wants to make it more generic.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 04-08-2018 at 07:56 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    OK, so I have 158 days to work "dipshit" into a haiku.

Aw, hell. Can't wait that long.

The Taurus Judge is
    The perfect gun for dipshits
    Says the Internet

The first line could be replaced by ".410 revolver", if someone wants to make it more generic.
    It’s early for Haiku’s, but in this case...

User Tag List