Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul shotgun stock...worth it?

Magpul shotgun stock...worth it?

I have an 870P with Ameriglo rifle sights and a Speedfeed youth stock. It's about 1" shorter LOP than the standard Remington stock.

This LOP works well for me, but I've realized that I need a slightly higher comb height to get a truly solid cheek weld. Would the Magpul SGA stock help with this issue? What are your experiences with it?

Yea, I know it is ugly as sin. But if the functionality is that much better, I may suck it up and get it.

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    I have an 870P with Ameriglo rifle sights and a Speedfeed youth stock. It's about 1" shorter LOP than the standard Remington stock.

This LOP works well for me, but I've realized that I need a slightly higher comb height to get a truly solid cheek weld. Would the Magpul SGA stock help with this issue? What are your experiences with it?

Yea, I know it is ugly as sin. But if the functionality is that much better, I may suck it up and get it.
    The Magpul certainly adds adjustability in LOP and height. The real advantage for me is how much more comfortable it is than a Speedfeed youth in comfort with slugs and heavy loads.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Oils and Lotions SME
    I avoided the Magpul stock for years, and then I tried it.

The LOP is very adjustable, the grip angle works well, and cheek weld is good. I like the ability to have QDs on the butt stock. The pad on the butt stock is a little too sticky IMHO, but that's the only con that I have. ETA: besides how ugly it is.

I recommend.
    Last edited by Aray; 10-10-2017 at 10:01 AM.
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Aray View Post
    ......The LOP is very adjustable, the grip angle works well, and cheek weld is good. I like the ability to have QDs on the butt stock. The pad on the butt stock is a little too sticky IMHO, but that's the only con that I have. ETA: besides how ugly it is.

I recommend.
    I have them on a pair of 870s with ghost rings. The .5" height cheek riser works perfectly for me. I like everything about the stock. Highly recommend them.

My .02

The LOP is very adjustable, the grip angle works well, and cheek weld is good. I like the ability to have QDs on the butt stock. The pad on the butt stock is a little too sticky IMHO, but that's the only con that I have. ETA: besides how ugly it is.

I recommend.
    Aray sums up my thoughts as well, might disagree slightly on the *sticky* issue & being a Satan hander I do like the QD’s on both sides as well.

FWIW I’ve had them on 2 VCS 870’s since 2013 & now on my Beretta 1301T as well.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 10-10-2017 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    I have an 870P with Ameriglo rifle sights...
    I have the same. The sights raise the sight plane to where alignment and cheek weld start to disagree. The Magpul with a low riser fixed it.
    Last edited by Edster; 10-10-2017 at 06:55 PM.

I have the Magpul furniture on an 870P with Scattergun Tech sights. I remember when they came out I thought they were the ugliest thing ever. Then I handled a shotgun with them. Wouldn't use anything else now.

I use(d) a T1 on my work shotgun, and the MagPul stock is far and above most everything else I've tried in terms of comfort and practical employment of the gun.

Name:  IMG_2536.jpg
Views: 1149
Size:  59.5 KB
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

I recommend.
    This is spot on. I have one on a 590A1 and agree 100%. The pad is sticky but it's a good pad for slugs and buck like mentioned before. The matching forearm is nice too in that you can put pic rail in 3 places. I shoot right handed and have a TLR4 on the right side that makes it easy to operate with my support hand. Overall it's a great system.

I have six shotguns, four have Magpul stocks.

I vote yes.

User Tag List