Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: N. Korea Hacks War Plans

Site Supporter
    War plan:

It's HUUUGE. HUUUUUUGEEE Bomb! Drop HUUUUUUUGEEEE Bombs!

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    You'd be surprised. Pretty much everything but the geography has changed since then.
    Some of the geography has changed, too. Hill 321 at the mouth of the Chorwon Valley used to be Hill 500, but it was shelled by both sides so many times that it "melted away", thus the ROK Army's name for it, Ice Cream Hill.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    How much can you really change plans for a peninsular war? I'm seeing a 21st century repeat of 1950.
    At first I thought "you got the wrong dates here, you mean the 1810s for the Peninsula War", then I remembered what this thread was about.

I'm getting old.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Always bet on stupid and careless, if that's sufficient explanation.

However, there might be some strategic value in getting "D"PRK to think seriously about the devastation that would be unleashed on them in the event of an actual shooting war.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 10-10-2017 at 07:13 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Maybe the South Koreans run Kaspersky anti-virus.

That stuff has long been viewed as Russian spyware.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Air, Sea, Land, Cyber. We have a new battle ground. To lose the odd skirmish is to be expected. The North Koreans are very capable.

Quote Originally Posted by Oukaapie View Post
    Air, Sea, Land, Cyber. We have a new battle ground. To lose the odd skirmish is to be expected. The North Koreans are very capable.
    Indeed. Just ask Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    You'd be surprised. Pretty much everything but the geography has changed since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hand over my eyes, let me guess...Norks launch massive artillery and rocket strikes into S. Korea followed by their best lightning war ground offensive. ROK-US troops try to hold the line.

No doubt the ROK-US troops are better equipped to handle such an attack than they were in 1950, but the grand strategy really doesn't change whether it's Korea, Vietnam, or Florida.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    At first I thought "you got the wrong dates here, you mean the 1810s for the Peninsula War", then I remembered what this thread was about.

I'm getting old.
    Read "Peninsula War" and the first thing that came to mind was a French column meeting a line of redcoats. Which, now that I think about it, has some similarity with the human wave attacks of the Korean war.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List