Thread: ATOM slides

ATOM slides

With RDS tech slowly improving for pistols, I have been keeping an eye out for ATOM slides on sale. Anyone have the thoughts on them? I also know sending your slide in to several different companies gives you the ability to have your slide milled as an atom slide. Thoughts on that?

I'll start by saying I haven't used any slide mounted optics. I've heard only great things about the ATOM slide and I've loved every Unity Tactical product I've owned. It certainly has some nice features but the price point is tough to get past for many. At $500 you could almost buy a factory MOS Glock brand new and have a two complete guns.

I will confess I'd love an ATOM slide in FDE but I still don't trust any of the slide mounted optics. I went with the 6 Second Mount for my HD pistol and have been very pleased. Of course concealing that would get some funny looks. Lol!

Maybe they'll have a cyber Monday sale or something?

Completely agree, Aimpoint is waiting for a slide, love the ATOM, but only so much play $$$ for toys.Until wife gets new house they way "we" want it, I have to be very careful asking the CFO for gun money.I actually may sell a few items off...
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I'll start by saying I haven't used any slide mounted optics. I've heard only great things about the ATOM slide and I've loved every Unity Tactical product I've owned. It certainly has some nice features but the price point is tough to get past for many. At $500 you could almost buy a factory MOS Glock brand new and have a two complete guns.

I will confess I'd love an ATOM slide in FDE but I still don't trust any of the slide mounted optics. I went with the 6 Second Mount for my HD pistol and have been very pleased. Of course concealing that would get some funny looks. Lol!

Maybe they'll have a cyber Monday sale or something?

Site Supporter
    The only reason I wasn't going to get one was the fact that Duty holsters weren't available. I found out recently that safariland specifically makes one for BUIS that are in front of the RMR. If I could find one for a decent deal I would buy on in a second.

I've put about 2-3k through my 17 atom with t1.

No issues, would recommend.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I don't have a ton of rounds on mine, but I have 2; one for a Gen 3 17, and one for a Gen 4 19. While I wouldn't hesitate to cut a slide for an RMR or DPP, I don't believe we're "there yet" for pistol optics, so I like the option for optics versatility.

The ATOm slide is pricey, but offers a few improvements over a factory slide cut for an RMR. Aside from the optics plate, it also has improved barrel lockup, improved ejection port geometry, and forward cocking serrations. Price out getting a slide cut, refinished, and tall sights added by ATEI or L&M and they are much more price competitive with L&M's ATOM cutting costing $345. I found both of my slides, with adapter plates for about $400; look for used.

I needed to fit my optic plate similar to how I might fit oversized sights. It was not even close to an acceptable press-fit. I have seen similar experiences with others, but I don't know if this is exactly common. I do not necessarily take the need for fitment as a bad thing. About as solid as a rear sight dovetail fit without the screw. Also the front sight installation was an afterthought. Not a big deal that some blue couldn't fix, but when you pay a premium, plug and play is nice. Overall, I am over the red dot/pistol combo and have moved on.

User Tag List