Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta Nano $199.99 at PSA

Like many things, you can find one that works. There are high round count Rossi and Taurus floating around out there too. I am glad yours works. Some guns catch on, others don't. The Nano just never did. For the $$$ it may be worth a chance. God knows I gambled on the "Beater Pistol Project" Tisis 1911. But I went into it knowing it was an academic exercise in de bugging a pistol, not a daily carry gun.

To each his own. I own 5 Berettas. I am a fan. But the Nano is just... meh...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

I already have several carry guns including a S&W shield so this is just because I want to. My understanding is that the Nano had a bad start but seems to be working now. If it turns out to be a dog then no big deal, it was cheap.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Shot a couple of rounds out of one that a guy at the range had. The trigger pull what about a mile long.

I have two one with 2100 rounds give or take 100 and another with 750 rounds. I have just put Talon grips on it and that's it. I like it. It works for me. I use the standard sights because I just do. Did I say I shoot wolf and Brown bear no issues. now MAXXTECH that steel case crap stuff it worked for a few but then a stuck case, but that stuff has also locked up a Glock 19 with a stuck case as well.

Another real world experience and not just opinion: My Nano is good to go. Over 4K on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    I have two one with 2100 rounds give or take 100 and another with 750 rounds. I have just put Talon grips on it and that's it. I like it. It works for me. I use the standard sights because I just do. Did I say I shoot wolf and Brown bear no issues. now MAXXTECH that steel case crap stuff it worked for a few but then a stuck case, but that stuff has also locked up a Glock 19 with a stuck case as well.
    MAXXTECH, I have one stock and one I've gone a tad excessive:

- Trijicon 3 dot NS with ToolTech orange front
    - Feed ramp, chamber & hood polish
    - Trigger work; relief cut striker (~.030"), polish striker, striker spring guide, striker block, trigger bar, cocking lever pin, cocking lever pin & trigger pin
    - Replace striker block spring, sear spring & striker spring guide with SS Galloway Precision
    - Galloway Precision rubber textured grip
    - Added thumb slide release from Glock G43; cut shaped G34 thumb lever and attached to stock slide catch with silver solder. Relief cut frame (grip) to fit

Once I hit the 1k round count with no failure will refinish slide with gray Cerakote.

I but two mags Speer 124gr GD +P through it thismorning.On the plus side the pistol ismuch more manageable then I expected. That was the only plus. The trigger has got to be one of the worst I have shot in a long time. Very long and gritty andthe sights are way too small.
    I was thinking about doing a 2000 round challenge but I’mnot sure I want to even shoot it again.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I but two mags Speer 124gr GD +P through it thismorning.On the plus side the pistol ismuch more manageable then I expected. That was the only plus. The trigger has got to be one of the worst I have shot in a long time. Very long and gritty andthe sights are way too small.
    I was thinking about doing a 2000 round challenge but I’mnot sure I want to even shoot it again.
    This is the problem with micro semi-auto pistols, especially with +p. This is why I still like a small revolver and 38 +p for ultra concealment. I found a solution in the Rhino. With a bottom barrel, 125gr 357 is extremely manageable and 38 +p feels like a 22. But they aren’t $199 and not as small as the Nano. Physics win every time.

The recoil on the Nano is very manageable (for a subcompact), more than my shield and certainly better than a j frame Smith with .38+P. The trigger is just like a Kahr but not as smooth, longer like a revolver. For someone not used to a shorter striker system, it would work fine. I put 50 round of Blazer brass through it today and once I got used to the pull it was much better. Still grittier but better. I have the same problem when I shoot my Kahr.

Didn't even make it to 100 rounds.

Attachment 20998
    Last edited by 5pins; 10-20-2017 at 01:03 PM.

User Tag List