Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta Nano $199.99 at PSA

Beretta Nano $199.99 at PSA

After $75 factory rebate.

I don't have a use for one but we are talking almost Hi-Point price territory here.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/beret...l-jmn9s15.html
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

And almost Hi-Point quality. I like Beretta, but the Nano and Pico have been a bust....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    And almost Hi-Point quality. I like Beretta, but the Nano and Pico have been a bust....

seriously... it can't be THAT bad, can it?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Thanks for the scoop! Now I can have a back up for the back up!

I really enjoy the BU, shoot it quite a bit, tuned/customized it (including adding a slide release), and carry it frequently.

I understand a lot of folks don't have the same experience I've had with the pistol.

Now I wait for the bashing to commence.

In this circle of friends we are accepting, tolerant and non-judgemental, right?
    Last edited by medmo; 10-09-2017 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Typos

Well, if it's a dog I'm not out much. Maybe I will do a 2000 round challenge and see how it holds up.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Well, my Pico managed to break the firing pin in under 10 pulls if dry fire. I know the nano is striker... but damn. Based on other reviews of the Nano, I a steering clear. The 92/96 and Px4 are proven reliable platforms. The nano, not so much.

“A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Vending Machine Operator
    I am a big fanboy for Beretta, enough that it's in my signature line. I would not roll the dice with a Nano, even cheap. Like the 9000S, the brand fanboyism doesn't outweigh was simply appears to be a poor design. There was credible testimony that a Nano cracked irreparably during testing for Texas DPS. When you can get a Walther PPS M2 and Smith & Wesson Shield both quite cheaply if you sale-hunt, there's just no reason to take the chance.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I am a big fanboy for Beretta, enough that it's in my signature line. I would not roll the dice with a Nano, even cheap. Like the 9000S, the brand fanboyism doesn't outweigh was simply appears to be a poor design. There was credible testimony that a Nano cracked irreparably during testing for Texas DPS. When you can get a Walther PPS M2 and Smith & Wesson Shield both quite cheaply if you sale-hunt, there's just no reason to take the chance.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....9-00-free-ship
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I think the Nano has become an interweb myth and legend based on my experiences of 2 specimens I own. One is stock and another I've customized extensively for carry and convenience. Once I hit the 1k round count error free with the modified one, (680 rounds to date), will have the slide Cerakoted and project completed. Only problem remaining is it won't feed 115g WIN WB regardless of what I have done, polish ramp/chamber/hood, different recoil rods/springs. Handles the 3 other low cost 115g ball range ammo I've run through it but not the WIN WB, (1/50 FTE last box).

Not meaning to be argumentative just want to give a different perspective LockedBreach. If one was to limit their pistol ownership to only makes and models that never had a failure, malfunction or a catastrophic event then they would be working from a very short list.

My thoughts on the BU based on my sample size of 2 is that they work pretty well for their designed purpose and with some work and a little extra cash they can be pretty sweet. Action work and sights. The thumb operated slide release was just me going overboard with the challenge of just doing it.
    Last edited by medmo; 10-11-2017 at 12:47 AM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    I think the Nano has become an interweb myth and legend based on my experiences of 2 specimens I own. One is stock and another I've customized extensively for carry and convenience. Once I hit the 1k round count error free with the modified one, (680 rounds to date), will have the slide Cerakoted and project completed. Only problem remaining is it won't feed 115g WIN WB regardless of what I have done, polish ramp/chamber/hood, different recoil rods/springs. Handles the 3 other low cost 115g ball range ammo I've run through it but not the WIN WB, (1/50 FTE last box).

Not meaning to be argumentative just want to give a different perspective LockedBreach. If one was to limit their pistol ownership to only makes and models that never had a failure, malfunction or a catastrophic event then they would be working from a very short list.

My thoughts on the BU based on my sample size of 2 is that they work pretty well for their designed purpose and with some work and a little extra cash they can be pretty sweet. Action work and sights. The thumb operated slide release was just me going overboard with the challenge of just doing it.
    Hey man, I defended the PX4 for like 8 years before it caught on, I totally get it. I'm glad yours work!

State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List