Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tourniquets 2017 Oct

Tourniquets 2017 Oct

Are Wide SOFT-T still the tourniquet of choice? Little annoyed(understatement) when I discovered yesterday at our IDPA match that I have to order new ones as the tourniquets I left at the club grew legs. Figured it would make sense to make the best of the situation and upgrade as the ones that got thieved were the old CATs.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Are Wide SOFT-T still the tourniquet of choice? Little annoyed(understatement) when I discovered yesterday at our IDPA match that I have to order new ones as the tourniquets I left at the club grew legs. Figured it would make sense to make the best of the situation and upgrade as the ones that got thieved were the old CATs.
    I've seen med trainers recently recommending those, as well as the new gen CATs, purchased through a reputable source so as to avoid the counterfeit ones sold on sites such as eBay and Amazon.

Thanks, IIRC, we ordered the old ones from either LAPolice or Tacmed solutions. To be honest, I was shopping for the new ones on Amazon (via the PF link above, of course). If anyone has any suggestions for reputable sources, would appreciate that as well.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

I have heard the same, so interested if anyone has any new info or other retailers. Just a heads up that LAPolice apparently tried to upgrade their systems, and they've been having shipping issues recently and I can't even get in contact with their customer service as a result of their "upgrades" so if you're shopping soon I'd avoid them for now.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    North American Rescue CAT-T is the only TQ I own or will purchase. I don't have an opinion on the SOFTTs as I've never used them.

Buy them here.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 10-09-2017 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    TMS has improved the buckle design of the SOFTT-W (v3), with improved student performance in the field. TMS is shipping only this new variant as components and in kits. If you order elsewhere, make sure your vendor will ship v3.
    Last edited by ST911; 10-09-2017 at 12:10 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Just about every agency I know of around here, except 1 issue/use the CAT 7th gen TQ. Including the FDs Rescue Task force guys and their regular paramedics. It’s also what I use in my personal kits.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Some other considerations:

- The CAT is simpler to use that the SOF-T.

- CATs are standard issue (at least for the Army and USAF) so there is a large pool of people with at least some level of training on them.

I've used both in the field.

Sof-t wide is the only tq I carry and suggest purchasing for personal carry. The only reason is because the ability to separate the tq and securely reattach it is an amazing thing.

CATs are good, but the sof t wide tq is much better designed in my opinion.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    I see mostly CAT around here. Our regional trauma system handed out a bunch of CATs to local PDs, and CAT is what my FD uses.

What I've seen in the guidelines is that the CAT and SOFT-T wide are the only 2 recommended ones.

Whichever one you buy, take it out of the package and fold it for rapid deployment.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

User Tag List