Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: A different take on reliability - Guns you've personally seen fail

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Snap caps? Light trs lasts longer but heavy trs more better. I go by the rule of thumb 10k trigger presses for the trs. Keep some on hand and buy the 20 dollar tool
    Agreed. 10k pulls for the TRS. HKCS sent me a new Heavy TRS, had it in less than a week after I called. He stated, he had never heard of a TRS breaking. Regarding the tool, installing the Heavy TRS took less than 3 minutes both this time and back in 2016. The standard spring gave me fits, is much more difficult to install. I'd guess because of the Heavy's rigidity.

Gen4 Glock17. Multiple intermittent failure to fire malfunctions. The cause turned out to be a subtly damaged striker tip. This is @JCL's gun. I'm not sure how many rounds are on it, but guessing a lot.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Alembic View Post
    ...10k pulls for the TRS.
    10000 cycles seems low for a quality spring. If I swapped trigger return springs every 10k on my practice Shadow2, I'd be doing it every 2-3 months. (I get at least 100k cycles on a TRS). But for a gun that's life-safety equipment I get the need to replace early.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    10000 cycles seems low for a quality spring. If I swapped trigger return springs every 10k on my practice Shadow2, I'd be doing it every 2-3 months. (I get at least 100k cycles on a TRS). But for a gun that's life-safety equipment I get the need to replace early.
    Agreed on both points, easy piece of mind to replace springs and batteries long before failure, but I was surprised by the Heavy TRS failure. The CS rep. was also surprised to hear the spring TRS failed. He actually said all springs except the recoil spring are expected to last the lifetime of the firearm, which sounds like a PR dept. statement...

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Gen4 Glock17. Multiple intermittent failure to fire malfunctions. The cause turned out to be a subtly damaged striker tip. This is @JCL's gun. I'm not sure how many rounds are on it, but guessing a lot.
    Yep, the firing pin was about 15 thou short. No idea how it got that way. I haven’t shot it enough to be certain that the problem is solved but initial results are encouraging.
    "The older I get, the more I think that just staying home and drinking the good stuff by yourself is way underrated as a healthy practice." - Totem Polar

"An entire worldview devoted to being offside." - feudist

User Tag List