Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Snub Nosed Revolver Recommendations

No-lock 642, no-lock 442 or an LCR would work just fine. Add a DSG AIWB clip holster and you have an excellent gym-shorts solution.

You could always find and FFL to order a S&W 640 from Kieslers for $350, while they still have some in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by tanner View Post
    Add a DSG AIWB clip holster and you have an excellent gym-shorts solution.
    Indeed. I thought the reports were exaggerated, but I've had mine for a few weeks now and it is my most used holster. The clip will work with a 442 in shorts with no belt. I routinely walk my dog for 3.4 miles or longer and practically forget I am wearing this holster. Holster never comes off with gun. I am liking it better than pocket holster carry. It is so convenient, it eliminates any laziness & excuses for not carrying.

Was watching a video on the LCR and apparently it has an internal locking system also? Underneath the grips??? If so- what would the difference be between a 642 with lock and the LCR?
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    The difference is I've never heard of the LCR self-activating due to recoil or being dropped.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Was watching a video on the LCR and apparently it has an internal locking system also? Underneath the grips??? If so- what would the difference be between a 642 with lock and the LCR?
    Supposedly, Ruger quit doing this. I dunno:

http://rugerforum.net/ruger-double-a...rnal-lock.html

http://rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=245705

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    The difference is I've never heard of the LCR self-activating due to recoil or being dropped.
    This. I staked the lock on mine anyway, just to be sure, but there's no pattern of failure like the damn S&W lock.

Both the LCR and 642 (or 442) are great gym shorts/lounge around guns, or pocket carry as a BUG. Between the two, I have a slight preference for the 642, but they both work fine.

I also have one of the old 640's, and it's a lot more fun to practice with, but IMHO it's heavy enough that I'd only belt carry it...and if I'm doing that, why not carry something more capable than a snub?

Picking up the LCR tomorrow, and ordered the DSG holster this evening. I kept putting it off and kept going to the store with no gun and in gym shorts.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Picking up the LCR tomorrow, and ordered the DSG holster this evening. I kept putting it off and kept going to the store with no gun and in gym shorts.
    Let us know how it goes.

I’m taking a sudden interest in this thread.

The LCR will be far more adequate than your current carry. I have found myself going without more than I care to admit.

User Tag List