Thread: Source for clips for Dillon primer tubes

Source for clips for Dillon primer tubes

I've got a lot of tubes, but apparently I've lost a lot of the R clips. Somebody makes and sells these things, I just can't find them small enough. Anybody know where to find them (other than in Dillon's parts kits)?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I've got a lot of tubes, but apparently I've lost a lot of the R clips. Somebody makes and sells these things, I just can't find them small enough. Anybody know where to find them (other than in Dillon's parts kits)?
    Call them and ask if you can buy just that part? They use to be pretty good about stuff like that but I don't know what they are like now.

Site Supporter
    I agree with Damon; call them and they'll likely just send you some.

If that doesn't work, McMaster-Carr (purveyors of all useful things) has them by the hundred:Hair Pin, 5/64 X 1 1/4 for clevis 1/4-3/8

Your local well equipped hardware store should have something that will work. A smaller sized paper clip (unfolded,with a very slight bend in it, just enough to keep tension in both holes) will work until you get a new one.

Pick your poison.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...hoCcIkQAvD_BwE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

I can probably send you some. I have multiple sizes and random shit I don't use sitting in boxes, so I need to know EXACTLY what you need. Pics and references photos (like compared to other items/color coding/etc). I used them for a very short time, and I haven't used primer pick up tubes in years so I won't know what I'm looking for unless you spell it out in crayon.

ETA: If you're in a rush, might be worth sourcing elsewhere as in still un-assing my gun gear since the move.
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 10-08-2017 at 08:14 PM.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Ace Hardware

I've been waiting on email from Dillon. These are an odd size, less than 1/32" diameter (actually .040") and about 1" long. McMaster has some that might work, or could make the tubes work for them. Chain stores don't usually have anything this small.

Sean, if everything else falls through I'll get you pics, info, crayon drawings.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

I sourced a size that works fine with the Dillon tubes at a local Ace Hardware store.

Dillon used to send them for free but it take a week or two for them to arrive in the mail.

They are 1" x 3/64" cotter pins

Grainger part 2UJK4. https://www.grainger.com/product/GRA...rchQuery=2UJK4
    My local Ace has them for 12 cents each.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    Dillon used to send them for free but it take a week or two for them to arrive in the mail.

They are 1" x 3/64" cotter pins

Grainger part 2UJK4. https://www.grainger.com/product/GRA...rchQuery=2UJK4
    My local Ace has them for 12 cents each.
    Thanks for the Grainger link.

Ace Hardware has rarely worked for me for any small fasteners and this is no exception. The smallest they have are for hitch pins.

User Tag List