Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interested in becoming deputy

Site Supporter
    Many in Texas counties start out in the jail whether or not they are certified. Also, sometimes bailiff jobs are viewed as plums to be given to older guys. However, this job requires common sense, alertness, and good social skills.
    If you apply for a jail job, keep your other plan secret. Be forewarned: among cops and jailers there are many snitches who will repeat what you say and sometimes say shit you never said.

You would be wise to heed that advise given here. I can tell you that yor are more than qualified. I know because I conduct background investigations on police applicants. But, as already nicely pointed out, you must make certain that the agency is a good and proper fit for you. There is a website called LEO Affairs that is a sort of bulletin board where officers post their gripes and grievances. The agency you mention may be found there. Checking out the website might give you some insight as to the internal politics and problems affecting morale. If not, there may be a similar website where you are. Good luck.
    Last edited by PFranklin; 10-08-2017 at 07:31 PM.

User Tag List