Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Four Green Berets Killed in Niger

Site Supporter
    God damn those responsible. I hate true evil , HATE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Stuff like that just makes me angry. If I was the President, I am sure I would have a hard time accepting a "proportionate" response.
    tinate

Victory is never gained by being proportionate.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

SOFREP not only posted the video, they put their fucking watermark on the video. Cunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    SOFREP not only posted the video, they put their fucking watermark on the video. Cunts.
    The video is disturbing.

People need to be disturbed by this. They need to be pushed out of their comfort zone. If the airing of the video accomplishes that, then those good men did not completely die in vain.

Freedom isn't free and the war against evil and those who would enslave their fellow man is never pretty. It's time good folks woke up to that.

(I don't know anything or have anything to contribute about the SOFREP site.)

My heart, deepest respect and condolences go out to those brave men, and those who mourn their loss.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    That's where I first saw it. I was initially a little irked about them doing that, but it mirrors why I mentioned it here: everyone's going to see it eventually, so you might as well get the conversation started.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Not defending SOFREP, but my understanding is that their edited version removed a lot of ISIS propaganda that had been added in and blurred faces of the fallen. The original ISIS release has fake screams dubbed in along with their shitty music.
    Last edited by texasaggie2005; 03-06-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Four Green Berets Killed in Niger

Is there a Cliff’s or link as to why SOFREP are Cunts? I don’t doubt you, I just don’t know much about their history.

Edit: Never mind.

I understand now.

http://pilotonline.com/news/military...4454e40a1.html
    Last edited by RJ; 03-06-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Is there a Cliff’s or link as to why SOFREP are Cunts? I don’t doubt you, I just don’t know much about their history.

I understand now.

Post #9 says all we need to know:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ions-on-SOFREP

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The video is disturbing.

People need to be disturbed by this. They need to be pushed out of their comfort zone. If the airing of the video accomplishes that, then those good men did not completely die in vain.

Freedom isn't free and the war against evil and those who would enslave their fellow man is never pretty. It's time good folks woke up to that.

(I don't know anything or have anything to contribute about the SOFREP site.)

My heart, deepest respect and condolences go out to those brave men, and those who mourn their loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    That's where I first saw it. I was initially a little irked about them doing that, but it mirrors why I mentioned it here: everyone's going to see it eventually, so you might as well get the conversation started.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    Not defending SOFREP, but my understanding is that their edited version removed a lot of ISIS propaganda that had been added in and blurred faces of the fallen. The original ISIS release has fake screams dubbed in along with their shitty music.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post

I understand now.

@blues, I'm well aware freedom isn't free. My Dad fought in the Korean War, my uncle fought in Korea and Vietnam. I've witnessed firsthand the lasting effects that type of warfare can have on a person. There's a lot of footage of cops getting killed, troops getting ambushed. I don't have an issue with the footage being out there. If it can used to show the public the reality of the danger we face, if it can be used as a training tool, use it. SOFREP has a bad reputation anyway, and I have no doubts they posted the video with their watermark for clicks. People can form whatever opinions they'd like on the matter. I've already gave mine.

The training line is bull. There's not enough context from videos like that to serve as real training tools. If that were me, the last thing I'd want in the world would be for my wife and kids to hear about it, much less see it.

User Tag List