Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FNS-9

Have they resolved the problem where users can't do any more than field strip the gun? That anything beyond that requires a trip to the factory? That was a detraction from my FNP9.

We've got them, price is going to be 599.00 shipped.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Hmmm... Does anyone know of a FN LE dealer around? I'd heard that the LEO price was close to $400, but I can seem to find a dealer. FN hasn't replied to my email either. I'm just about to the point of just paying retail!

I'm really interested in the new FNS as well. I have a FNX-9 and like the ergos a lot compared to my 3rd Gen G19. I think the FNS is almost the exact dimensions and size as the FNX. Mag changes are really smooth and easy because of that big mag well.

I'll be interested in feedback when these start getting into the hands of PT members.

Name:  010.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  20.6 KB

H/T to MK18pilot.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by JDM; 01-19-2012 at 07:24 PM.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Looks interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by JB326 View Post
    Hmmm... Does anyone know of a FN LE dealer around? I'd heard that the LEO price was close to $400, but I can seem to find a dealer. FN hasn't replied to my email either. I'm just about to the point of just paying retail!
    http://www.firinglane.com/

Ask for Jeff.

The price you mention would be for a model with standard sights.

Interested in this pistol depending on if the thumb safety is any good.

Also interesting that dave sevigny will be shooting this pistol.

Are competition shooters allowed to give objective reports on their gear RE endurance, parts breakage etc?
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

I just dumped 52 rounds of 147g HSTs through one. It's pitch black here, cold, and slightly illegal to be discharging a firearm after dark. Pretty bright out there with a WML O:-)

Anyway, As quick as I could shoot and reload I put all 52 rounds into a 6 inch circle at 7 yards.

Initial thoughts:
    -Incredible factory trigger. Perfect weight, incredible reset. Also the trigger safety is nicer than both the Glock and M&P. It almost reminds me of a flat faced 1911 trigger, though that's not quite right.

-Sights are incredible. Hands down best factory night sights I've ever used. First time I've ever used factory sights and not wanted to replace them with something. It's oddly unsettling.

-The safety is awkward. I don't ever see carrying it with the safety engaged though maybe I'm just too used to 1911 safeties.

-I can actually hit the mag release with my strong side thumb, which I'm not able to do with either the Glock or M&P due to my club thumbs.

I'm really excited about this pistol. If it feeds reliably I might have to pick one up and rethink what I generally carry.
    Last edited by Sparks2112; 01-19-2012 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Clarity
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

User Tag List