Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First Revolver

The reason I love the way GP’s handle. Hand is insulated from frame.
    http://instagram.com/p/BZ6kHhPj81C/

My preferred GP grips. Full sized Letts, Compact Letts and Hogue 80010.
    http://instagram.com/p/BSzPHsxjquL/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Happened to run to the LGS this morning......checked through the revolvers. The selection isn't too big and was thinking GP100 new. Kept searching for a bit- and saw a brand new Beretta M9 on a major sale............so.......
    Ended up buying a used GP100 for $400- which looked to be in perfect shape. It is definitely built like a tank- and the .357 shoots like a tank. So- ended up with two guns instead of one. Think I am glad I bought it used for what seems to be a pretty decent price.
    The .357 is a pretty powerful round and it had been a few years since I shot one. Definitely a good choice- I am on the look out now for a decent K Frame.
    Revolvers definitely are fun to shoot!
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Happened to run to the LGS this morning......checked through the revolvers. The selection isn't too big and was thinking GP100 new. Kept searching for a bit- and saw a brand new Beretta M9 on a major sale............so.......
    Ended up buying a used GP100 for $400- which looked to be in perfect shape. It is definitely built like a tank- and the .357 shoots like a tank. So- ended up with two guns instead of one. Think I am glad I bought it used for what seems to be a pretty decent price.
    The .357 is a pretty powerful round and it had been a few years since I shot one. Definitely a good choice- I am on the look out now for a decent K Frame.
    Both solid choices.

Ended up buying a used GP100 for $400
    How long?
    Pics!?!?!?!

I am on the look out now for a decent K Frame
    Everybody is, always

Yup, light 38s in that thing will be like Pew Pew

Here it is, awaiting a cleaning!Name:  IMG_2195.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  60.1 KB
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Cool

Can't go wrong with a GP. Love mine!

Here it is, awaiting a cleaning!Name:  IMG_2195.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  60.1 KB
    You’re GTG.

For eveyone else, I’ll just leave this here:

http://www.jgsales.com/handguns-c-16_211_431.html

(The first entry... RB 4" heavy barrel 10s... yummy...)

I'm a big fan of Ruger GP100s an Security/Service/Speed Sixes. The guns are significantly overbuilt, and hence incredibly durable (and reliable). Ruger doesn't go out of their way to advertise it, but on any of their guns that they currently build/support, you can call Customer Service, get an RMA, send it in to them, and they'll thoroughly go through it and bring things up to factory specifications as needed-usually at no cost other than shipping.

You may also want to switch the grips to the older OEM grips, the rubber ones with a wood panel insert. There are two sizes, standard and compact, both available from shopruger.com; I'm a big proponent of the Compact style, which significantly facilitates concealed carry without compromising a full grip.

http://shopruger.com/GP100/products/3120/

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 10-07-2017 at 04:55 PM.

If anyone is interested....a good deal on model 64's. I've always wanted to turn one of these into a full PPC gun.

http://www.southernohiogun.com/smith...-revolver.html
    Last edited by andre3k; 10-08-2017 at 01:04 PM.

Those model 10's and 64's are gonna be some of those guns we look back on and wish we'd grabbed a bunch when they were cheap and plentiful.

User Tag List