Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegas Shooting Facts Thread

Hammertime

Vegas Shooting Facts Thread

Since Tom closed the other, here are a couple slides from yesterday’s briefing showing the timeline:

Feel free to add on and I would encourage you to use the LVMPD as a vetted source.

Site Supporter
    I thought the Sheriff did a great job at that presser yesterday.
    Knocked all the "slow to respond" MMQB stuff right on its ass.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Lots of interesting shooter details here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ys-friend.html

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Updates from BBC News:

The gunman behind Sunday night's mass shooting in Las Vegas planned to flee, and he may have had help with planning the massacre, officials suspect.

In a press conference on Wednesday, Clark County Sheriff Lombardo was asked if he saw evidence that Paddock had planned to escape after the attack.

The sheriff said "yes". Asked what it was, he said: "I can't tell you."

Sheriff Lombardo was asked by a reporter if he thought Paddock had carried out the attack alone.

"You've got to make the assumption he had to have some help at some point," the sheriff replied.

Sheriff Lombardo also revealed:

-Paddock had been gambling just hours before he began shooting

-He had booked into an apartment at the high-rise Ogden in downtown Las Vegas a week earlier during a different open-air festival where acts including Muse, Lorde, Chance the Rapper and Blink-182 were due to play

-A hotel security guard who led police to Paddock's room was shot, but continued to help until he was ordered to seek medical attention
    We need to start a GoFundMe to get that guard an all-expense-paid weekend at the BunnyRanch.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

It's not my thread, but I'd hope people try to limit posts to the topic specified... namely actual facts as they've been presented or revealed, along with links to the source material for proper vetting. We've had our 40 page PFestivus over this incident, so let's please get back to the rational humans most of us are.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Solid family ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-police.html

Bruce Paddock, 57, is wanted by police for skipping a court hearing over a vandalism case

Jesus Campos was the security guard who was shot in the hall, through the door, by the Mandalay Bay Shooter ("MBS"). Allegedly, according to one report, about 200 rounds were sent Mr. Campos's way. I have no idea whether the number of rounds would ever be able to be verified, but such does not matter. Mr. Campos's mere presence obviously distracted the MBS from the crowd at the concert. Also, reportedly, Mr. Campos, while wounded, helped direct the police to the MBS's room.

I would like to shake Mr. Campos's hand. Job well done, and thank you.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I thought the Sheriff did a great job at that presser yesterday.
    Knocked all the "slow to respond" MMQB stuff right on its ass.
    Agreed. This is really taking a toll on him though. Poor guy looked like he was running on fumes but still showed great professionalism.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Jesus Campos was the security guard who was shot in the hall, through the door, by the Mandalay Bay Shooter ("MBS"). Allegedly, according to one report, about 200 rounds were sent Mr. Campos's way. I have no idea whether the number of rounds would ever be able to be verified, but such does not matter. Mr. Campos's mere presence obviously distracted the MBS from the crowd at the concert. Also, reportedly, Mr. Campos, while wounded, helped direct the police to the MBS's room.

I would like to shake Mr. Campos's hand. Job well done, and thank you.
    The Sheriff corroborated this at the presser yesterday, including MBS "strafing" the hall towards the security guard with "200 rounds" (sounded like an estimate, casings yet to be counted) and the security guard supporting LVMPD in clearing the surrounding rooms until the guard was "told" to stop and seek medical attention.

A pic of Mr. Campos is called for, I think..

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List