Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Feinstein Intros Bill to Ban "Bump-Stocks"

Feinstein Intros Bill to Ban "Bump-Stocks"

Seriously peeps - Keep your shit under control. I'm just gonna proactive this and say, first person to lose their shit, I'm going to report and ask Mods to lock this thread. I know we're all going to be emotional about it, go count to 10

Contact your Congress people. Let them know you oppose such legislation.

Earlier Wednesday, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-California, introduced a bill that would ban the sale, transfer, importation, manufacture or possession of bump fire stocks, as well as trigger cranks and other accessories that accelerate a semi-automatic rifle's rate of fire.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/04/politi...cks/index.html

Biggest issues - those who are in these states need to address -

Cornyn (Texas), Grassley (Iowa) want a hearing to "learn more" and are open to discussions of banning.

Wisconsin R Ron Johnson said he supports banning bump-stocks

South Carolina R Jeff Duncan said he is open to debating banning bump-stocks.

Contact your Congress people. Let them know you oppose such legislation.

I'll be writing to Cornyn first thing in the morning.

-R

Feinstein Intros Bill to Ban "Bump-Stocks"

Already done, though IN reps tend to be pretty firmly in our camp for this sort of stuff.

It's always odd when I feel compelled to argue for something I personally find dumb but see no legitimate reason for regulation of.

Oh yeah, for those that don't know: feel free to email these letters but always print out and sign a hard copy and either snail mail or fax it too. Many of these offices are still run under dinosaur standards and proper paper counts more under those rules.

ETA dinosaur stuff
    Last edited by OnionsAndDragons; 10-05-2017 at 07:10 AM.

I think that Republicans will likely vote in favor of banning bump stocks. The thinking being that they get the “we have to do SOMETHING” crowd off their back, without really affecting guns.

No, I’m not in favor of it. Just making a prediction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I contact them it will be to throw bump stocks under the bus. It would be an act of cleaning out some of our industry trash anyway. I don't think any legal challenge would work on Constitutional grounds. It's not a firearm. It's an exceptionally tacky accessory is all. Sure won't be any panacea though.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

It's for the children
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

"Automatic weapons are illegal," the Wisconsin Republican told reporters. "To me, that is part of that same type of process. So I have no problem banning those."

May the heavens save us from ignorant legislators.

In any event ,we should oppose this full stop . I have no love for gimmicky gun crap,but Feinstein never regulates just one item in her bills. Any "Bump Stock" legislation coming from her office will be a rebadged AWB 2.0. The bill then turns into a negotiation- one with the opposition having the advantage. Given the GOPs trumpeted failure to replace Obamacare they'll be feeling the heat to respond to this tragedy- or the party risks being viewed as a group of bumbling fools.

While there'd be some compromises made on the finer points, accepting this means kissing ARs and high cap mags goodbye along with the "Bump Stocks".
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Welcome to Wisconsin. Blood red state with some blue nutjobs up top.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

The only thing stupider than bump stocks is banning them because someone did something bad with them instead of doing it with something else, which he could and would have done. We need to oppose any and all anti-2a bills because they never stop. They chip away at little at a time until there is nothing left and we have to do everything we can to resist, even if it means fighting for something we don't even want.

The fact that republicans are even willing to have this conversation tells me their not on our side. People have completely forgotten what the second amendment is about. I’ll give a hint, it’s not about hunting or sport shooting.... At all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a great deal. Tack on CHL reciprocity, and the Hearing Protection Act so gun owners get what they want , put a bow on it and call it done.

User Tag List