Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google pixel 2 released today for pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    What's wrong with the other two?

One thing I found is that having a good case and going out of your way not to get them wet or dropping them goes a really long way towards keeping them working.

Pixel 2 is IP67, which I've already tested by being out in a rain storm at a crash with the phone (sans case) on my belt for about an hour. I was drenched and the phone was fine.
    1st - Bought within month of first release. Had issues right out of the box. Took myself, Google & Verizon a few weeks of back and forth to diagnose an out of spec 3.5mm jack registering ghost inputs; turning down media volume, pausing movies, ending phone calls, etc.

2nd - Dead fingerprint scanner within a week.

3rd - Severe screen burn-in after 6 months of use.

4th - 3 weeks old, no issues yet.

I've used this Incipio case for all of them. I even used that brand & style of case on the previous few model phones I've had.

But that being said, I really like the Pixel phone, if the hardware was decent.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    1st - Bought within month of first release. Had issues right out of the box. Took myself, Google & Verizon a few weeks of back and forth to diagnose an out of spec 3.5mm jack registering ghost inputs; turning down media volume, pausing movies, ending phone calls, etc.

2nd - Dead fingerprint scanner within a week.

3rd - Severe screen burn-in after 6 months of use.

4th - 3 weeks old, no issues yet.

I've used this Incipio case for all of them. I even used that brand & style of case on the previous few model phones I've had.

But that being said, I really like the Pixel phone, if the hardware was decent.
    Sounds like you got the short end of the stick of those pixels. I have several friends who have pixels and now pixel 2's and they had zero issues. Unfortunate but I'd almost have to say it is not indicative of that particular model.

Anyway, pixel 2, good to go.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Sounds like you got the short end of the stick of those pixels.
    For sure. The dead fingerprint scanner was rare, but the other issues are fairly common with the OG Pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    For sure. The dead fingerprint scanner was rare, but the other issues are fairly common with the OG Pixels.
    Embrace the future
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Time for a new phone. Everyone still like their Pixel 2’s? I haven’t gotten my hands on the standard Pixel 2. How does the size compare to the iPhone plus?

I’m currently using an iPhone. My first iPhone was a 3g but I upgrade rarely. Just ready for something that isn’t an iPhone. I’ve looked at everything and Google’s stock OS appeals to me the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List