Thread: Felon convicted in Chicago railyard (Ruger pistol shipment) thefts

Felon convicted in Chicago railyard (Ruger pistol shipment) thefts

On April 12, 2015, ANDREW SHELTON and several acquaintances burglarized the cargo train while it was parked overnight in a railyard in Chicago’s Avalon Park neighborhood. The cargo train was en route from a Ruger factory in New Hampshire to Spokane, Wash. The thieves broke locks on a train car and walked off with approximately 111 firearms, with Shelton keeping 13 guns for himself. He quickly sold the 13 firearms on the black market. To date, law enforcement has recovered 19 of the 111 stolen firearms at various locations and crime scenes in Chicago and the surrounding area. Shelton, 43, of Riverdale, had previously been convicted of a felony and was not legally allowed to possess a firearm. He pleaded guilty earlier this year to one count of illegal possession of a firearm by a felon, and one count of possession of a stolen firearm. U.S. District Judge John J. Tharp Jr. imposed the 120-month sentence in federal court in Chicago.
    https://www.atf.gov/news/pr/convicte...ms-cargo-train

Hardly seems a long enough sentence...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

I wish some of my pistol cases would go federal. Most of my felon in possession charges end up as probation and almost no jail time.

Site Supporter
    Good police work to get that case solved.

I think a 120-month sentance is quite fair.

Per firearm, that is.

Comes out to just a bit over eleven centuries that way. But I am sure that after time off for good behavior, he'll be out in a millennium.

It's fed time, so he will serve at least 9 of those 10 years... no early release after 20% like with the state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

User Tag List