Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lack of retention in 7TS ALS holster with WML

Question Lack of retention in 7TS ALS holster with WML

I did a search on PF but could not find any previous posts on the topic.

I have tried out a Safariland 7TS ALS holster for a Glock with a SF X300U WML (equipped with the DG-11 switch). Only the retention was abysmal. The gun would fall out from the holster if inverted, and given a very mild shake. From a normal carry position (aka not inverted: ) the gun could be plucked from the holster by gently rocking the gun back and forth. So: abysmal retention.
    For work I regularly need something like an ALS holster with a WML, but I could not rely on the holster to retain the gun, so I threw the holster in the trash.

Now: is there a remedy for this? Going to a Level 2 ALS holster?

Site Supporter
    Is it clicking into place? Most likely the DG switch is keeping it from actually locking. I stopped using DG switches after being shown some techniques from William Petty's classes and that took away any issues I previously had with the gun locking into place.

Something is askew.

I have a 7TS ALS for my SIG P229+WML and it locks in more positively than a regular ALS. It takes a slight bit of umph at the end of holstering to get it to click in, as opposed to my regular ALS that is sort of just slides in and clicks.

Throwing it away was a bit premature......at the very least it could have been defective, and you should have gotten a refund/exchange.
    Last edited by TGS; 10-04-2017 at 01:36 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Yes, the ALS did engage, with the same result (of the gun falling out). With the DG switch on it makes engaging the lock more of a deliberate movement though...

We've got hundreds of WML 7TS holsters in service with no reported problems. I have personally used it with the issued Streamlight TLR as well as a personal APL and X300 (don't have a X300U to try) and they all have worked well. One of the benefits of the WML 7TS is the ability to take most any non-lasered WML.

What model Glock are you using it with?

I am using the G19.

we have numerous 7ts holsters in service for our service weapons with wml, none work like the op described. Sounds like a defective holster.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Protegemus View Post
    I am using the G19.
    Is the holster for a G19 ? It should say on the back. The holster should retain the gun even without the light. There are some tension screws on the back - if that does not help contact Safariland as the holster may be defective.

I'm of the opinion that the 7TS is probably the best retention holster there is. I would've called Safariland, that had to have been a defect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would contact Safariland with the issue and see what they say. It is possible you got a bad holster that didn't mold right or whatever. Another option is to go to a local store that sells the same holster and check another one for fit, or someone local that has one. I run a 6340DO and before that ran some of the 6 seris als only holsters with no issues, many at work run the 7TS WML holsters with no issues.

User Tag List