Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back Defense Systems Back Defender

Back Defense Systems Back Defender

Anyone have any experience with this product to help with lower back pain? Or any other recommendations for suspenders/suspender "systems"? Do they all make your pants ride your butt crack and make it look like you're wearing floods?

Back Defense Systems Back Defender

Site Supporter
    One of my co-workers has some chronic back issues. He has been using one of these things for several years and has nothing but positive comments. While you would need to speak with him about the ride of the pants, the uniform appears completely normal.

A couple of my coworkers have them and speak very highly of them. Haven't noticed and uniform issues.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    I bought them right before we were issues exterior carriers. It works well, doesn't add much to getting ready. It did take me about an hour or so to get them adjusted correctly. I still use them when we have to wear class A (no external carrier) and they still work great. The worst part is how much they cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    One of my co-workers has some chronic back issues. He has been using one of these things for several years and has nothing but positive comments. While you would need to speak with him about the ride of the pants, the uniform appears completely normal.
    Hmm sorta want...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

The only real negative thing they've said was that it took a little while to get them adjusted just right. But once they did, they fell in love with them.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I’ve used one for two years now. It takes some time to adjust it and figure out where you want the keepers on your belt, but after putting it on a few times you’ll find it adds minimal time to getting ready for work.

Banned
    Does your uniform permit suspenders outside your shirt but under a vest? I use Perry Toolbelt suspenders and I have no problem with them

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Does your uniform permit suspenders outside your shirt but under a vest? I use Perry Toolbelt suspenders and I have no problem with them
    They do permit that. I'm borrowing a pair of that type from a co-worker. Haven't actually worked a shift with them yet. I saw this recommendation somewhere and like the concept of them going under my shirt.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy Brown View Post
    They do permit that. I'm borrowing a pair of that type from a co-worker. Haven't actually worked a shift with them yet. I saw this recommendation somewhere and like the concept of them going under my shirt.

Thanks for the input everyone!
    The reason I like the tool belt suspenders over the regular Perry's is that the tool belt suspenders the front straps or nylon so they don't sag like the elastic ones do but the backstrap is elastic so there's some give to the suspenders.

I've never tried the back Defenders but I've tried all the other kind of duty belt suspenders out there and there like twice the price of the Perrys and they just don't seem to last as well so I just stay with the Perry's.

User Tag List