Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AIWB for Glock 26

AIWB for Glock 26

I've been surfing around through pages and pages of AIWB info.

What's your preferred AIWB holster for a Glock 26/27?

I want it to ride fairly low in the waistband.

When wearing jeans, I use a JMC IWB-3. It's made for a G-19 so rollover has not been a problem. The PTD snaps are widely spaced, and there is a 25* cant. The cant is a nonissue because the PTDs swivel to become facilitate appendix carry. The trouser belt runs across the holster's trigger guard, torques the butt inwards, and forces it snugly into that hollow beneath the ribs. I've not found either "extra-tuck" or yaw pads necessary.

I don't carry appendix when wearing dress trousers because the higher waistline forces the butt to ride up and over the lower ribs (a problem with many AIWB holsters) and then the butt of the gun prints. On those days, the IWB-3 lives happily at 3:30 o'clock.

Naturally, "mileage" applies.
    Last edited by Duces Tecum; 10-04-2017 at 04:26 AM.

RCS Eidolon for all things Glock. Universal solution that gives me the same ride, more or less, regardless of which pistol resides therein (was mostly a G19, but more recently, a G26 albeit with a KKM comp).

ETA: My buddy very much likes this rig: https://www.alabamaholster.com/product/the-offside/
    Last edited by Tensaw; 10-04-2017 at 04:39 AM.

I have three holsters that fit the bill.

A G19 sized "George" from JM Custom Kydex is the shortest and probably most comfortable long term in the seated position. It rides pretty low when the PTD loops (in my case) are attached in the topmost hole while providing a good master grip.

I also have a G17 sized holsters from Dark Star Gear (with claw) and Mastermind Tactics (without claw). The Mastermind tactics is a bit shorter in length and I don't find a claw necessary to hide the G26 for the most part. Both keep the grip close to the belt line and still afford a good grip for drawing.

I use each of them with a wedge for comfort and to tuck in the corner of the G26 slide so that little "dimple" doesn't appear in the fabric of the shirt.

For the G26, I generally wear the clawless "George" or the Mastermind depending on whether I want a medium or full sized guard on that particular day.

I primarily wear the DSG holster with the G19 or 17 but in truth I could get along with any of the three.
    Last edited by blues; 10-04-2017 at 08:06 AM.

If you don't have to have kydex. I find the high noon mr softy to work well

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    When wearing jeans, I use a JMC IWB-3. It's made for a G-19 so rollover has not been a problem. The PTD snaps are widely spaced, and there is a 25* cant. The cant is a nonissue because the PTDs swivel to become facilitate appendix carry. The trouser belt runs across the holster's trigger guard, torques the butt inwards, and forces it snugly into that hollow beneath the ribs. I've not found either "extra-tuck" or yaw pads necessary.

I don't carry appendix when wearing dress trousers because the higher waistline forces the butt to ride up and over the lower ribs (a problem with many AIWB holsters) and then the butt of the gun prints. On those days, the IWB-3 lives happily at 3:30 o'clock.

Naturally, "mileage" applies.
    I had not thought of trying my iwb-3 in aiwb

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    RCS Eidolon for all things Glock. Universal solution that gives me the same ride, more or less, regardless of which pistol resides therein (was mostly a G19, but more recently, a G26 albeit with a KKM comp).

ETA: My buddy very much likes this rig: https://www.alabamaholster.com/product/the-offside/

Re-posting my experiences...

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Had non-existent customer service with Alabama Holster Put is an order for an XDS pocket holster but due to the recall I tried to cancel or change the order with Alabama Holster via phone and email with nobody answering either. Finally a few months later they sent me the XDS holster of a gun I sold about 5 months prior. I will never buy another thing from them!

I do like my Glock 42 and 43 pocket holster from JM Custom Kydex though I've had great customer service with JMCK, Darkstar and VDEVGRU.
    And the bolded companies are also members here...
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I had not thought of trying my iwb-3 in aiwb
    Thank you, camsdaddy. Also try cross-draw and see how it works for you.

I may be a little biased towards kydex. My first plastic holster was the Snick, produced almost four decades ago by Mike Harries and his fireman buddy (whose name escapes me at the moment). After my first and then my second Snick broke at the flex line, I went back to the Bruce Nelson Summer Special and stayed there for years and years. Remember all the niches that the Summer Special served? Strong side, AIWB, and cross draw. In my mind, the JMC IWB-3 is the modern equivalent of the Summer Special. As the default general purpose holster it is the One Holster to Rule Them All.

Mileage.

JM Custom Kydex Wingclaw 2.0 + AIWB SPMP (for your Glock 17 spare magazine) + Gadget and you're done in one order. This setup is incredibly comfortable. As shown in the picture with the Aegis Enhanced Belt I can easily conceal it with a thin slim fitting shirt.

#JMCUSTOMKYDEX #WINGCLAW2.0 #Glock26Gen4 #Gadget #TrijiconHD #Glock17Magazine #AegisEnhanced #AresGear #PierceGripXLGen4Extension

http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWB-WC2.html

Name:  26JMWC2_2.jpg
Views: 1251
Size:  44.3 KB

Name:  26JMWC2_1.jpg
Views: 1283
Size:  39.8 KB

Name:  26JMWC2_3.jpg
Views: 1320
Size:  39.5 KB

Name:  26JMWC2_4.jpg
Views: 1318
Size:  37.1 KB

Name:  26JMWC2_5.jpg
Views: 1300
Size:  36.3 KB
    Last edited by John10-19; 10-06-2017 at 12:22 PM.

Recently I've been using a CYA kydex IWB holster for my Glock 26. It works well from my normal 3:30 carry to Appendix. I find appendix very concealable but I am still getting used to it. I also have a leather Kramer IWB for my 19 but due to it's fixed cant it does not work at the appendix carry position.

User Tag List