Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Problems with an old Glock.

PensFan
    Aftermarket barrel, parts, mags, wrong caliber parts to begin with....
    Last edited by PensFan; 10-07-2017 at 09:21 AM.

The 1882 ejector is for a .40/.357. The previously mentioned 30274 is the Gen4 9mm ejector that many people retrofit into older Glock 9mms with good results.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Problems with an old Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
    ^^ This^^

For a game gun/fun gun, go nuts and experiment. But this is a duty carry gun? First off, I can't imagine why ANY agency would allow a franken-gun on duty. Opening up a can of liability worms. Second, it's your life we are talking about. Why take a chance with a mish mash of aftermarket shit? Still scratching my head that an agency approved that set up...

The 9mm Glock platform is one of the most vetted and use platforms in the world. It works (typically) if you don't jack with it.

Run your 35 as a .40 with factory parts and mags. OR, if you want a 9mm buy a 34 and run it with factory parts and mags. Amazingly, when you use the gun with the parts it was designed/spec'ed/tested with, it will run.

I have a 22 with a 9mm barrel. It's a fun gun. If I had to bet my life on it? It would be set up to run .40 as designed by the factory.

Just my two cents...
    It's you life on the line, is that life worth $450 for a NIB blue label 34?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gadfly; 10-13-2017 at 12:42 PM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
    ^^ This^^

For a game gun/fun gun, go nuts and experiment. But this is a duty carry gun? First off, I can't imagine why ANY agency would allow a franken-gun on duty. Opening up a can of liability worms. Second, it's your life we are talking about. Why take a chance with a mish mash of aftermarket shit? Still scratching my head that an agency approved that set up...

The 9mm Glock platform is one of the most vetted and use platforms in the world. It works (typically) if you don't jack with it.

Run your 35 as a .40 with factory parts and mags. OR, if you want a 9mm buy a 34 and run it with factory parts and mags. Amazingly, when you use the gun with the parts it was designed/spec'ed/tested with, it will run.

I have a 22 with a 9mm barrel. It's a fun gun. If I had to bet my life on it? It would be set up to run .40 as designed by the factory.

Just my two cents...
    It's you life on the line, is that life worth $450 for a NIB blue label 34?

Thanks
    Last edited by deuce9166; 10-13-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Banned
    Take it FWIW but when I bought my Glock 19 the store was out of OEM magazines so I bought MagPul PMags. I did some research later and found reports of MagPul Glock magazines doing exactly what you describe. I took my 19 to the range and the very first time DW shot it she got the exact stovepipe you describe. I put the Pmags away and only used OEM magazines and have not had a reoccurrence since.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Take it FWIW but when I bought my Glock 19 the store was out of OEM magazines so I bought MagPul PMags. I did some research later and found reports of MagPul Glock magazines doing exactly what you describe. I took my 19 to the range and the very first time DW shot it she got the exact stovepipe you describe. I put the Pmags away and only used OEM magazines and have not had a reoccurrence since.
    I’ve been using PMAGs in my G19 almost exclusively for the past 2,500 rounds at least. I’ve yet to have either of them cause any malfunction, let alone a stovepipe.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I’ve been using PMAGs in my G19 almost exclusively for the past 2,500 rounds at least. I’ve yet to have either of them cause any malfunction, let alone a stovepipe.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    As I said earlier take it for what it's worth. It's one anecdotal piece of evidence

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I believe I was wrong when I previously stated that I was having malfunctions with factory magazines and the magpul mags. (Sh@t I sound like a certain sheriff). I do think the conversion barrel has issues with the magpul mags. I had no issues last trip with factory mags, but it was only 100 rounds. I will shoot more tomorrow. I also shot 100 rounds with a zev 34 slide and magpul 21 rounders and no issues.
    Last edited by deuce9166; 10-13-2017 at 06:45 PM.

PensFan
    What I would do is ID the aftermarket and caliber specific parts that directly affect feeding. I would one by one replace each part and test in between to isolate the cause ending with the barrel.

I don't have an issue with AM parts until they cause issues. I'm not a big fan of caliber swaps mostly because you may end up with uneven wear between barrels, slides etc... that can affect reliability and accuracy down the road.

If it works, drive on.

My $.02

I had a very similar problem with my stock Gen 3 G34, apex extractor, white sounds HRED and five digit ejector fixed the issue for me. Hope that helps.

A57460
    CTC lasers : Pistols = ABS : automobiles

User Tag List