Thread: Bud's Gun Shop Top 10 for 2011

Bud's Gun Shop Top 10 for 2011

The Bud's Gun Shop newsletter had an interesting list, their top 10 sellers for 2011. Makes for some interesting insight into the general gun buying public:

1. Mosin-Nagant
    2. Ruger LCP 6+1
    3. S&W Sigma SW40VE
    4. S&W Sigma SW9VE
    5. Ruger LC9 7+1
    6. Hi-Point .45
    7. Puma 1911-22
    8. Ruger SR9c
    9. M10-762 (imported Romainian AKM)
    10. S&W M&P15-22 A1

While I can understand most of the items on the list (even if I don't agree with them)... Hi-Point? Really?

J.Ja
    Owner/President of Titanium Crowbar, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by jmjames View Post
    [*]Hi-Point .45
    Coworker bought one recently. Even after I tried to talk him out of it. He's set to buy a Taurus 1911 this weekend. Anymore, I just smile and tell him to enjoy.

Should we film a "People of Bud's Guns" video?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Should we film a "People of Bud's Guns" video?
    Narrator: The typical soldier trained for long distance engagements, such as a sniper or designated marksman, is typically armed with a high powered rifle such as the M24, M110, or M14, with the Baretta M9 pistol as a sidearm. However, a new breed of so-called "operatives" based out of Bloomin' Onion, Nevada, has put together what they bill as a load out that is both lower in cost and superior in reliability and accuracy. Let's hear what they have to say.

"Colonel" Kalvin Mahoney: Why yessir, we use these here Mosin-Nagants for long distance shootin'! Them fancy folk talk about their "minutes of angle" but when yer on the two-way shootin' range, "minutes of bad guy" are all that matter. Shoot, the Mosin-Nagant is the best long arm since the Brits were using 'ole "Bessy"! This one I've got was made in 1902, and saw action in the Russo-Japanese War, WWI, WWII, the Korean War, Vietnam, Grenada, Phillipines, Iraq, Afghanistan (for twenty-two years straight, no less), and now I've got it! I tell yer, the bore is as tight and straight as it was the day it left the fact'ry.

Interviewer: And what about that sidearm sir?

"Colonel" Kalvin Mahoney: Shoot, how did I forget my trusty Hi Point pistol, chambered in point-four-five auto! I guarantee someone gets hurt if I pull this trigger! The total price of this package is $300 with shipping! If Uncle Sam did things our way, they could afford to arm every unemployed citizen and have 'em patrollin' the streets and keepin' 'em safe!

J.Ja
    Owner/President of Titanium Crowbar, LLC

This list is what is wrong with the gun industry. Manufacturers putting out super cheap guns and people eat 'em up by the millions. It almost forces top notch makers to cut corners and produce crap like the Governor and P250 to stay competitive in the civilian market.
    Last edited by WDW; 01-20-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    As I've said before, the majority of the gun buying public is...unsophisticated.

If the market rewarded superior quality control and excellently engineered products, manufacturers would respond accordingly. As much as I lament the loathsome existence of weapons like the Taurus Judge, the simple fact is that Taurus has made an enviable sum selling the things. Companies are in business to make money, not win TC's approval.

Quote Originally Posted by beastfrog View Post
    Coworker bought one recently. Even after I tried to talk him out of it. He's set to buy a Taurus 1911 this weekend. Anymore, I just smile and tell him to enjoy.
    Well he didn't buy the 1911. Instead he bought a 6" Taurus Judge. Doh!

User Tag List