Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Rim fire trainer for your regular pistol

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Is there such a thing as a DA only .22LR revolver?
    https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-43-c

https://ruger.com/products/lcr/specSheets/5410.html
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Dang you Chuck, that's probably gonna cost me. The Smith is nice.
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Definitely.

Awkwardly, there doesn’t seem to be any availability for a kit for Gen 5 Glocks. There is mention of one but so far in light research I’ve not been able to source a supplier that has one for sale.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's always been a problem with the kits going back years ago when I first bought mine.
    Apparently they're not an item anyone wants to stock a lot of
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Is there such a thing as a DA only .22LR revolver?
    I love my LCR .22

Site Supporter

Rum fire trainers

So in 2020 I bought a Glock 44 in .22, a Beretta M9 in .22 (made by Beretta) and a Colt M1911 in .22 (which is marked Colt but actually made by Walther)

I’m really happy with all three of those guns, though I only have about 500 rounds each through the M9 and the M1911.

(I’ve been able to find .22 LR ammo for a reasonable price at Cabela’s and Gander Outdoors about once a month. Haven’t been able to find anything else since the end of June)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff22 View Post
    So in 2020 I bought a Glock 44 in .22, a Beretta M9 in .22 (made by Beretta) and a Colt M1911 in .22 (which is marked Colt but actually made by Walther)

I’m really happy with all three of those guns, though I only have about 500 rounds each through the M9 and the M1911.

(I’ve been able to find .22 LR ammo for a reasonable price at Cabela’s and Gander Outdoors about once a month. Haven’t been able to find anything else since the end of June)
    I got a G44 for my birthday in September. Works well as a RF understudy to my G5 G19.
    I shoot about a hundred rounds of .22 each Saturday and fifty rounds of whatever CF handgun I choose to bring.

Site Supporter
    Years ago that’s EXACTLY what I did. Warm up with the .22 practice gun and then finish off with 50 or 100 rnds with the big gun.

Under present circumstances, I think I’m going back to that procedure.

IDPA MD near here has opened Specialty Division for .22s in the next match. He says he will not use knockdown Poppers or plates, that any moving targets will be activated by pull rope. I don't know if he has a bear trap, which would be good for the purpose.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    IDPA MD near here has opened Specialty Division for .22s in the next match. He says he will not use knockdown Poppers or plates, that any moving targets will be activated by pull rope. I don't know if he has a bear trap, which would be good for the purpose.
    If it helps, at one club we've used .22 for both pistol and short range carbine matches. Any steel, once they hit they move one, and have pull ropes for movers when the .22s come up. It does work, the SO/MD just needs to be aware if there people with .22s.

Historically those are kids and its really annoying when they kick everybody's keister.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I love my LCR .22
    I have the LCRx 3 inch and like most 22 revolvers that trigger is shall we say stout. However, it sure is good for training trigger control.

User Tag List