Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rim fire trainer for your regular pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    (except for having to jam mags with tiny bullets)
    http://www.mcfaden.com/McFadden-Mach...der-s/1827.htm
    http://www.mcfaden.com/McFadden-Mach...der-s/1828.htm

These are the single best accessories for high volume shooting of rimfires!
    15/22 & 22/45 in my case
    It's really neat to bring a brick or two of 22 ammo and only 2 mags to the range. These are really really exceptional!
    Last edited by jandbj; 10-08-2017 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    http://www.mcfaden.com/McFadden-Mach...der-s/1827.htm
    http://www.mcfaden.com/McFadden-Mach...der-s/1828.htm

These are the single best accessories for high volume shooting of rimfires!
    15/22 & 22/45 in my case
    It's really neat to bring a brick or two of 22 ammo and only 2 mags to the range. These are really really exceptional!
    "High volume" shooting has different meanings for different folks. One brick of .22LR does not fill two of my magazines........which is why I buy .22LR no less than 10k at a time.
    Name:  2CFC6DBF-C113-4AB0-92A5-062EDE8DFC4A-1045-00000101B92E7ACD.jpeg
Views: 1006
Size:  15.5 KB
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American-180
    https://youtu.be/dmQQidPKvhE

For dealing with the standard .22's, I just load them. Until they develop a worthwhile tool, Loading the AM-180 mags will just have to be a pain in the ass.
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 10-08-2017 at 07:53 PM.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Rimfire practice also helps with just being able to get more rounds downrange for someone who may have physical issues, such as dealing with a temporarily or permanently delicate back/shoulder/elbow/wrist, or wanting to limit current or future arthritis complications in the hands.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Bud’s has P229 22LRs for $344 right now, for those who will still buy anything Sig.
    Not another dime.

My much-loved S&W Model 17-4 is my most-fired handgun, with nothing else coming close. In the Nineties, the 17-4 was my trainer for my duty/carry Rugers and K-Frames. Starting about 2011, the same 17-4 was the vitally important training weapon I fired to maintain proficiency after my P229R DAK became painful to shoot with .40 Snap & Whip. DAK is much like the S&W DA revolver trigger pull, and, notably, DAK was my personal choice, not mandated by PD policy.

The 17-4 got a rest for a while, after I switched to 9mm Glocks for duty and much personal carry, but now, as I approach retirement, and the 9mm Glocks are hurting my hands, the 17-4 will probably resume its prominent place in my training, as I am likely to largely, if not completely, revert to revolvers and 1911 pistols.
    Last edited by Rex G; 11-11-2017 at 11:50 PM.

You bastard.

I've had an itch for another half-lug GP, which has been fairly easy to not scratch due to the dearth of 6-inch half lug stainless models on the market. But the 22LR GPs are half lug. The 4-inch barrel one is a near match for the MC, and would thus make a perfect trainer. Now I have a perfectly good excuse to do something I want to do, and it's also easy.
    Not another dime.

I find that the reduced recoil of .22 pistols makes it much easier for me to see my sights lift and actually track them in recoil. I find that translates well when I return to 9mm.

I think I have a G19g3 AA kit collecting dust that I may have to put in FSOT.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidbattlecry View Post
    Could those Advantage arms kits be tuned to run cheaper ammo? I have a ton of the Federal auto match.
    IIRC, Auto Match is one of the recommended loads for this kit but I never had any luck getting them to function in mine.
    Last edited by David S.; 11-14-2017 at 09:46 AM.
    David S.

Air Softs like my real pistols
    Laser cartridges for my real pistols
    22 LR conversions for my Glocks and 1911's along with 2 1911-22's
    22LR conversions for my AR's

All of the above used a lot and at 79 yrs. old with hand tremors , my shooting still stinks .
    I have found out that Point Shooting works best for me . Shoot fast before the tremors have time to kick in .
    Using the pistols ( mostly G19 ) either full caliber or with a .22 Kit installed I scatter fired shot shells on the berm , right , left , high and low .
    Back off between 3-10 yds. , draw and shoot at them . Mostly single shots but sometimes double taps .
    I hit a few , make a few move and miss a lot but always close enough to defend myself against them .

YES , I do pick them up when finished and save them for the next time .

Site Supporter
    Interestingly enough fully licensed airsoft Glocks are due out next month.

User Tag List