Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suppressing a Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    This is the best reason to have a dedicated "can gun". I like running cans on pistols, for general shooting, because it's more comfortable to the ears and I can run more comfortable plugs without an issue. But mounting and remounting a can to a gun is...time wasted. If it's not a "stick it in the range bag and go" kind of setup, I'm liable to just leave it at home. Just dedicate a gun to it and be done. A dedicated suppressed handgun and a dedicated suppressed rifle are pretty nice things to have handy.

The other thing that is a real pain in the ass is carrying a suppressed pistol. If anyone is running a Glock, the Crye Precision Gun Clip is a well thought out piece of kit. But if you're not running a Glock, you'll need some kind of custom setup or one of those weird race-holster looking things from Safariland.
    I've found the drawstroke to also be an issue with a suppressed handgun. From a belt holster you have to come so high to clear the can. I understand the Crye Clip mitigates this with its twist lock action, but if I recall correctly, it won't work with a light, or at least not with a DG switch.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I've found the drawstroke to also be an issue with a suppressed handgun. From a belt holster you have to come so high to clear the can. I understand the Crye Clip mitigates this with its twist lock action, but if I recall correctly, it won't work with a light, or at least not with a DG switch.
    It definitely doesn't work with a DG switch, because it applies pressure to the trigger guard and the DG switch interferes with that. I know it works with the APL and the TLR-1 for sure, don't see why it wouldn't work with a Surefire.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    It definitely doesn't work with a DG switch, because it applies pressure to the trigger guard and the DG switch interferes with that. I know it works with the APL and the TLR-1 for sure, don't see why it wouldn't work with a Surefire.
    It works with surefire as well. That draw and reholster really takes some getting used to though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List