Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suppressing a Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    @JRCHolsters
    Are there any user serviceable models that use a close to optimal baffle system that you know of?

I'm really good at LEGOs and stuff, and can put LEM pistols back together.

A decent can and a 1301 are about all that's on my definitely acquiring in the foreseeable future list, so this is relevant to my interests.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I won't recommend any specific brand, but I will say this....a good indexable K-Baffle is hard to beat. Period! I always laugh when I hear someone say "hahaa, can you believe they still use the K-baffle?" That is something the ill informed say. Now, that doesn't mean the manufacturer has the right indexing, cuts or angle per caliber, but it is a good performer mostly. I still have a prototype Vortex-9 that can do a solid 28-30dB reduction on a M92 with 147grn subsonic....dry.

An example about how something being caliber specific can make a difference if done right and measured to Milspec; A style of K-Baffle that worked great in 5.56 used a staggered orientation. The same baffle +3 in a longer can for 7.62 did worse, a lot worse. Now, reorienting the baffles to 0 degrees actually bought 10dB of reduction.
    Last edited by JRCHolsters; 10-03-2017 at 12:08 PM.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hansohn Brothers View Post
    Welcome to the NFA world!

Yes, the Glock requires a Nielsen device, also called a booster. It helps the handgun function with additional weight of the silencer. Most, if not all, handgun silencers come with one. Fixed barreled handguns such as a Beretta 92, don’t require a booster but use a fixed barrel adapter.

Ablatives are messy. They do add a little more sound reduction and it doesn’t hurt to try.

For 9mm, I’m really impressed with AAC’s TiRant 9M. In the short configuration it weighs less than 8 ounces.
    Thanks.
    What puts the TiRant over the Omega 9K? I have 2 .22 cans in jail now, so that is covered. I’m mostly a pistol shooter, but the Omega is rated for 300BO. I could add an upper to my AR and use the Omega. Not sure how important it is to be able to break
    down a can with centerfire ammo.
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

Quote Originally Posted by md8232 View Post
    Thanks.
    What puts the TiRant over the Omega 9K? I have 2 .22 cans in jail now, so that is covered. I’m mostly a pistol shooter, but the Omega is rated for 300BO. I could add an upper to my AR and use the Omega. Not sure how important it is to be able to break
    down a can with centerfire ammo.
    For me, the Omega 9K is best on a 9mm subgun or PCC. It is rated for 300 BLK but it doesn’t excel with that cartridge. I like the smaller diameter of the TiRant 9M and the modularity. The AAC is a better value in that it comes with both 1/2x28 and M13.5L pistons. The Omega 9K doesn’t come with any pistons. And the TiRant 9M costs about $150 less than the Omega 9K.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansohn Brothers View Post
    For me, the Omega 9K is best on a 9mm subgun or PCC. It is rated for 300 BLK but it doesn’t excel with that cartridge. I like the smaller diameter of the TiRant 9M and the modularity. The AAC is a better value in that it comes with both 1/2x28 and M13.5L pistons. The Omega 9K doesn’t come with any pistons. And the TiRant 9M costs about $150 less than the Omega 9K.
    OK, this helps.
    Can I get by without Suppressor sights using the TiRant?
    What is a PCC?
    Less money I understand too!
    Is a piston the same thing as a Nielsen device?
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

OK, this helps.
    What is a PCC?
    Pistol caliber carbine, like the Scorpion Evo or a 9mm AR, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, this helps.
    What is a PCC?
    A piston is part of the Nielsen assembly. Other components are usually a spring and a housing.

Here’s a Gen 5 G19 with the TiRant 9M in its short configuration.

Not trying to take business from anyone, but I have an AAC Evo 9 that I've had for 13 years now. I don't even have a threaded pistol barrel right now. Sean's right, suppressed pistols are just not that useful or really even fun (except in .22). My Evo is relegated to subsonic 300 BLK duty on an AAC/NEF Handi single shot.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Which is exactly why both my 9mm cans are going on a pair of 9mm SBR's. To have fun shooting steel plates at the range with the kids, and the occasional wascally wabbit.

This is the best reason to have a dedicated "can gun". I like running cans on pistols, for general shooting, because it's more comfortable to the ears and I can run more comfortable plugs without an issue. But mounting and remounting a can to a gun is...time wasted. If it's not a "stick it in the range bag and go" kind of setup, I'm liable to just leave it at home. Just dedicate a gun to it and be done. A dedicated suppressed handgun and a dedicated suppressed rifle are pretty nice things to have handy.

The other thing that is a real pain in the ass is carrying a suppressed pistol. If anyone is running a Glock, the Crye Precision Gun Clip is a well thought out piece of kit. But if you're not running a Glock, you'll need some kind of custom setup or one of those weird race-holster looking things from Safariland.

User Tag List