Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Death Jam with 92A1 and WWB: gun locked up. Opnions wanted.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JV_ View Post
    Keep an eye out for rounds like this, they will lock up a lot of guns.

Attachment 20543
    I've run across about 20-30 of those in my time shooting wwb. I was always lucky enough to catch them upon loading into magazines.

I've had some ripped all the way down the side with all the powder loose in the box.
    Last edited by fixer; 10-01-2017 at 06:44 PM.

It's a pain in the ass but you can also drop each one in your barrel to test fit, I shoot win white box never had many problems to speak of maybe 20,000 rounds down the pipe.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    I was always lucky enough to catch them upon loading into magazines.
    I have not been so lucky. They will lock up a Glock really quick. Here are a few more:

Name:  IMG_1881.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  31.2 KB

WWB is without doubt the worst 9mm ammo I've ever bought.

Bullets loaded upside down here and there, and a LOT of those rolled case necks as JV shows in pictures. I think about 1 out of 100 is what I've encountered.

Ammo is coming down in price. The Magtech I got for $163/1000 seems to be decent stuff. Life is too short to waste it on WWB.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    I used to shoot a LOT of WWB, but it's been a long time since you could get a 100rd box for 9.99 regular price, 8.50 on sale.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JV_ View Post
    I have not been so lucky. They will lock up a Glock really quick. Here are a few more:

Name:  IMG_1881.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  31.2 KB
    My god what a monument to bad ammo.

For my match this coming Saturday I just bought something other than WWB.

Thanks for the input folks.

Every round that comes off of my press gets chamber checked. (It must drop in, spin freely, and drop out to pass.) Threads like this make me think it might not be a bad plan to do the same with factory ammo. If Winchester's QC process is bad enough to let those mangled rounds through, it might just be worth the effort.

How many of these issues you guys have seen firsthand with WWB were purchased at Walmart?

Site Supporter
    From an armorer perspective: NEVER force a slide or bolt into battery. If it won't close and lock, it's talking to you. Listen to what it says. It's telling you there is a mechanical obstruction in the works that must be identified and remedied. That also, perhaps specifically, includes the forward assist on the M16/M4/AR15.
    Last edited by Wayne Dobbs; 10-02-2017 at 08:54 AM.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

I had a WWB round with a bulged case lock up my Wilson 92 BT last week. It mostly went into battery but locked up tight. This happened during a string of fire and I tried the tap rack thingy when the round didn't fire and the slide wouldn't move. It took a bit of force to unlock and the case neck was crinkled from the factory and I didn't notice when loading the mag.
    Last edited by LSP552; 10-02-2017 at 09:34 AM.

User Tag List