Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: First Shots: Glock 26 with KKM barrel and Comp

My Gen5 26 with a Mayhem Syndicate carry comp.
    Overall slide length is the same as a 19.
    Very effective 3 port comp, quality barrel and no reliability issues even with low power range ammo.

Name:  mayhem26.jpg
Views: 1631
Size:  83.9 KB
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I was sniffing around the idea of a comped 26 a few months ago, but on a 19 frame and with an overall 19 slide length for ease of holstering. I still wish this was possible... https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ng-about-Glock
    I’m not an 80% lower kinda guy, but one set up as a 19 frame w 26 compatible rails/locking block would be bad ass and I’d seriously consider buying one.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    My Gen5 26 with a Mayhem Syndicate carry comp.
    Overall slide length is the same as a 19.
    Very effective 3 port comp, quality barrel and no reliability issues even with low power range ammo.

Name:  mayhem26.jpg
Views: 1631
Size:  83.9 KB
    That’s interesting. I’ll have to check their website out.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    @TDA

Did you ever ring this thing out?
    I’m a little ashamed to say “no.” According to my notes I put 50 rounds through it and confirmed my carry ammo hits to the dot, and then I started screwing around with the G48 and wondering if I would have been happier doing the whole project on a 48 or a 43X slide for my 48, and then we were into Covid lockdown.

I'm just shy of 1000 rounds through my Mayhem Syndicate comped Gen5 26 and it has become my favorite carry pistol by far.
    With factory +2 magazines it shoots softer than my 19 and has a much more carry friendly grip profile.

I think the shorter barreled pistols benefit from comps more because there's more muzzle blast to redirect.
    I can feel the difference between comp and no comp on my 26 more than I can on a 19 or 17.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Site Supporter
    I'm just shy of 1000 rounds through my Mayhem Syndicate comped Gen5 26 and it has become my favorite carry pistol by far.
    With factory +2 magazines it shoots softer than my 19 and has a much more carry friendly grip profile.

I think the shorter barreled pistols benefit from comps more because there's more muzzle blast to redirect.
    I can feel the difference between comp and no comp on my 26 more than I can on a 19 or 17.

Thank you for the update("I don't need a Mayhem comp for my G26, I need a TLR-8ag for my G19...").
    --Jason--

This is what I’m hoping for when I finally get mine.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

My G26/Blacklist/Comp never made another range appearance for me. Oops.

If anyone is interested, I would sell the barrel and comp in this post:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post662220

I’d love to try this... but I am kind of chicken because of the 400.00 price tag.

Could you share a pic of the full setup?

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    I’d love to try this... but I am kind of chicken because of the 400.00 price tag.

Could you share a pic of the full setup?
    Name:  g26mayhem.jpg
Views: 1034
Size:  87.2 KB

User Tag List