Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: First Shots: Glock 26 with KKM barrel and Comp

In its current form, the KKM does not have enough real estate to mount a front sight. I would love for KKM to produce a version with a bridge across the port closest to the muzzle where a sight could be mounted.

Been slacking on this. I was able to shoot 5 rounds of AE 124gr FMJ at 50 yards and it shot/ejected just fine and locked back.

To be honest, I was not prepared for the blast and didn't shoot the stock barrel for comparison. In my own defense I shoot quietly at home now so this thing was an eye opener. Next range trip I will dedicate time to this as opposed to a PCC I have been troubleshooting. Also just need to get some rounds in prep for USPSA next month.

That said, any of you guys want to install a front sight on my comp, you are more than welcome. I'll pay shipping both ways.

Another comp option was released from HKParts for the P30 but should fit any 1/2x28 barrel.

Ray - I keep eyeballing my comp and wondering about the possibility of soldering a front sight on there - without damaging the adhesive that retains the tritium vial.... I kind of wonder if you don't have enough real estate to be able to mount one with a little judicious drilling.

Also, I like the size of that comp HK Parts has for sale. (I do have to question those huge side ports on there though.) Mayhem Syndicate alleges to have one in a similar size envelope releasing "soon" - but they have it listed for $300. No can do. Good looking design though.

I have contemplated whether we should start a thread listing/reviewing the various comps out there that are suited for concealed carry.

Post back up after you get some more rounds through yours and let us know how it goes.

Re: sight on comp.

No way to drill and tap?

Never seen one personally.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Re: sight on comp.

No way to drill and tap?

Never seen one personally.
    So I have to think you would not want a port adjacent to the rear side (the part your eye sees) of the front sight because it would soot up after about one shot. This means it would need to be mounted behind the first port - the part of the comp closest to the muzzle. On the KKM, all of that area is taken up by where it threads on to the barrel. That's why I'm thinking solder on the KKM because you then would not have to penetrate the body of the comp and get into the threads. But again, if you could lay a strip of metal down across that first port (running parallel with the barrel), that would be a pretty good place to mount the sight. On Ray's, it looks like there would be some space forward of the threads, but behind the first port. On either comp, you would sure as hell want to hit Top Dead Center of the comp with the front sight.

I am slowly getting aboard this crazy train! Slide arrived home today. No range time to report on as yet.

Name:  IMG_1746.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  63.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_1747.jpg
Views: 1105
Size:  66.9 KB

Woo! Woooo......!!!! All aboard!!

Please post back and let us know how she handles.

Gonna breath some life into this necropost.

Curious how these 26K’s have been working out. Also curious if anyone can confirm that the profile on the front of a 26 slide is the same profile used on the various Gen 5 models. Thinking about messing around w a comped 26 and wondered if any Gen 5 Comp would match a 26 slide profile.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

@TDA

Did you ever ring this thing out?

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Gonna breath some life into this necropost.

Curious how these 26K’s have been working out. Also curious if anyone can confirm that the profile on the front of a 26 slide is the same profile used on the various Gen 5 models. Thinking about messing around w a comped 26 and wondered if any Gen 5 Comp would match a 26 slide profile.
    I was sniffing around the idea of a comped 26 a few months ago, but on a 19 frame and with an overall 19 slide length for ease of holstering. I still wish this was possible... https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ng-about-Glock
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List