Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First Shots: Glock 26 with KKM barrel and Comp

Yeah, so my take-away on this concept is, if you are on the fence - do it.

Also, the linked video plays on the fancy iPad, but not on my jalopy of a laptop running Windows 7.

Lon & Bali - So YouTube has a few comparisons (one even slo mo I think) of 19's comp vs. non-comped (no baby Glocks that I found) that I watched before taking the dive. Honestly, those vids kind of made me question the effectiveness of the comp. But behind the gun, there is no doubt it works. I was very relieved that this worked as well as it does.

It could be that the shorter barrel of the 26 let's the comp do more work than on the 19. And taking that a step further, cause that's what I do, I really wonder how this would work for baby G's in 357SIG and .40.

Yes I was also wondering if the comp made a bigger difference on the subcompacts vs compact glocks, and as I carry a G27 I'm also quite curious about how it would perform on one of those. I've got a Sig 229 Sport in .40 which is stainless and comped, but I never had a stainless non comped 229 to compare it to, only the aluminum framed models.

Now that's what makes a good post, pics and video. My question to you is outside of the comp, did you shoot much with just the KKM barrel? If so what are your overall impression of just the barrel vs. the stock glock barrel? By the way in the video that gun hardly moved so you can certainly see the comp reducing the recoil significantly .

Yup. What I wanted to do was go G27 with KKM conversion barrels in 9mm and 357 SIG, along with a .40 threaded barrel, all threaded for a .40 comp. That would truly be a do-all rig, but you would also be well past a grand deep on that - without an RMR. Too, I think KKM changes the thread pitch on the .40 compared to 9mm. (Their website is kinda sucky.) They could probably do a one-off on the threading, but now we are talking mo' money and lead time. So I "settled" since I already had a G26 which was mostly collecting dust. I'll just have to be content slinging 147 grainers down range at +P speed.

Dismas - No, I did not compare the KKM barrel with and without comp. What sort of comparison are you thinking about?

I did no accuracy testing of any kind other than shooting 6" hanging steel at 25 yards or so with four or five rounds. No problem there. As noted, the lock up on the KKM barrel is significantly better than the factory barrel. Also, aside from the very first round of weak 115 PMC which stovepiped, no malfs of any sort occurred. We probably put 100+ rounds down range using various mags - not exactly a torture test, but a decent start.

One pic I did not take was to compare the OAL of the threaded KKM barrel with a stock G19. I strongly suspect they are very close in length so we should be getting muzzle velocities on par with a 19. Yet another little win.

Right or wrong I threw a little red loctite on the muzzle threads and blue loctite on the sets screws. Anybody got a take on this? Not needed?
    Last edited by Tensaw; 09-30-2017 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Cain't spel

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Goofing around a little right here. G26 slide on a G19 frame - both Gen4's. Any reason this would not shoot/function? If I did it, should I swap the 26 locking block into the 19 frame?

Attachment 20519
    Actually, I find THIS particular combo to be quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Dismas - No, I did not compare the KKM barrel with and without comp. What sort of comparison are you thinking about?
    Some have felt the the KKM barrel improves accuracy and was just curious if you were able to tell any difference. I had thought about the barrel in my 26 in the past and was curious as to any differences. I doubt I would go that route, I'm pretty accurate with my 26 and doubt there would be significant difference. Was just wondering.

The comp has me intrigued, especially with my 357/.40 combo. I like you idea on the g27.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Actually, I find THIS particular combo to be quite interesting.
    I did too. Will it work?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

If I am reading the horrible Glock Parts spreadsheet correctly, Glock lists two different part numbers for the locking blocks on the Gen 4 19 and 26. I will crack those open at some point and see if my eyeball can locate the difference. Wondering if it won't be rail length. Mine did hand cycle just fine - dry, no ammo.

User Tag List