Thread: My Shaggy is scraping my P30 (a whine)

My Shaggy is scraping my P30 (a whine)

I took off the leather loops and put on the kydex fixed loop with the Chicago screws and kydex spacer provided by Rich. While I like the fit and stability of the fixed kydex loop, both the supplied flange nut and the Chicago screws on the fastening closest to the centerline drag over the serial number my P30. Yeah, I know it is just a tool but the incipient scarring irritates me. Anyone else have this problem?

Any pics?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Nope. Can't say I have...are you sure everything is installed correctly?

We are diminished
    Yeah, something doesn't sound right. I'm having a hard time imagining how any of the belt attachment hardware could reach the gun as it's living half an inch away from the gun in the "hump."

No pics, sorry - my desktop is down and I can't download photos to the laptop. The attachment for the fixed loop came with a section of kydex with the flange nuts attached, meant as a reinforcement to fit inside the holster for the screws attaching the loop. There is no other way to attach. I'll get pics up when the desktop returns,

Quote Originally Posted by finnmike View Post
    No pics, sorry - my desktop is down and I can't download photos to the laptop. The attachment for the fixed loop came with a section of kydex with the flange nuts attached, meant as a reinforcement to fit inside the holster for the screws attaching the loop. There is no other way to attach. I'll get pics up when the desktop returns,
    I think you're putting it together incorrectly based on that description. The kydex piece is a spacer, to create a gap for your pants between the loop and the body of the holster. Here is mine:

(click for bigger)
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 03-07-2011 at 08:34 AM. Reason: spelling

Did you possibly over torque the screws and crush the spacer causing the the hardware to extend further into the holster?

Contact Rich, he will get your problem sorted out quickly.

Thanks Loknlod; what a duffus - I can't believe I missed that one, thought I'd tried all alternatives. All is well now - good resource, this site!!

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I think you're putting it together incorrectly based on that description. The kydex piece is a spacer, to create a gap for your pants between the loop and the body of the holster. Here is mine:

(click for bigger)

User Tag List