Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Browning MK 3 DBM

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    In the Scout bolt action niche, the Sig Cross is very attractive.
    Have all the (reported on the web) kinks been worked out?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    There are a couple of these in sinister-handed form in the rack at Collector's Firearms in Houston. The wood finish is a little glossier, more like the sporter versions. The RH Mk3 DBMs I've handled have been a more matte finish.

https://www.browning.com/products/fi...left-hand.html

Notice the rail machined integrally into the receiver is a little higher, and continuous, rather than just the two patches shown on the RH version. I don't know if that's only for the differently-machined LH receiver or if it is a design change that will also apply to new production of the RH receiver and just hasn't been rephotographed for the web site.

https://www.browning.com/products/fi...-dbm-wood.html

@Rex G
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 10-30-2021 at 10:02 AM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    There are a couple of these in sinister-handed form in the rack at Collector's Firearms in Houston. The wood finish is a little glossier, more like the sporter versions. The RH Mk3 DBMs I've handled have been a more matte finish.

https://www.browning.com/products/fi...left-hand.html

Notice the rail machined integrally into the receiver is a little higher, and continuous, rather than just the two patches shown on the RH version. I don't know if that's only for the differently-machined LH receiver or if it is a design change that will also apply to new production of the RH receiver and just hasn't been rephotographed for the web site.

https://www.browning.com/products/fi...-dbm-wood.html

@Rex G
    I saw those, already, but thanks for the heads-up. Even though I write left-handed, and am left-eye dominant, I have always kept my long guns, that have cross-bolt safeties, in their original righty configuration, so, a left-hand BAR Mk3 DBM would present me with a dilemma, deciding whether to finally make the big switch at age 60. My initial reaction is to stay with right-hand-configured long guns, except for turn-bolt rifles.

I have already experienced with the cognitive dissonance caused by having started using AR15/M4 rifles, which on “semi” when the Dingus Is Down, after having been thoroughly
    indoctrinated “Don’t Get Caught With Your Dingus Down,” with some pistols, and PD-issued Tasers. Even though I am now retired, and so no longer doing the mandated spark test 5+ times a week, that conflict in safety-/selector-lever operation is still there, and a major reason that I do not keep an AR15/M4 loaded and prepped for sudden social problems.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I've been watching the 20-rd FNAR mags on GB since spring 2020. I've seen them go as high as ~$160/ea at the height of the craziness and for the last year or so, they've been consistently in the $100-120/ea range. Just received my shipment for a pair I got with BIN for $75 shipped. For the pair, still sealed in the factory plastic wrappers. GB can be awesome.
    Not another dime.

The market is fairly awash with these guns right now, but with 20-round magazines clearing $200/ea on GB lately, I'm looking at my collection of them and thinking about getting rid of the whole mess. My excuse for having the money in it is AWB states such as CA, but when I'm honest, I have at least three other long gun options I'd realistically pack for such a trip before this, as they make more sense than .308 in any defensive scenario not involving large, four-legged critters. I could flip my pile of 20-round mags now (keeping enough 10-rounders to be useful) and wait for the current supply of guns in distribution to dry up.

Also, the trigger on mine is horrible and, two years later, Browning still can't tell me part numbers for spares or when they'll have them. I've been holding off taking it apart and putting the stones on those until I know replacements are available. Not that I've ever had to replace such parts after working on them, but it seems prudent to at least have the option rather than risk deadlining an expensive gun. I'm being extra conservative in mindset here, as the only place I knew that was specialized in doing trigger work on FNARs won't talk about it anymore, or say why the change. I do know they were trying to make them "target" triggers, which I am fully aware may not be in the cards for the design. I am OK with a long travel, but the roughness is bad enough to be a deal breaker for me when the other options for the role include a 1301 and slicked up 1894.
    Not another dime.

I was looking at mine just the other day, and thinking I need to pull it out and shoot it some. Might make a great deer rifle on Kodiak.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have shot my MK3 DBM a half dozen times, since mounting the Aimpoint micro. The idea was to add a center fire equivalent to the Benelli M2 for field defense use. This rifle is pleasant to shoot, and is in a compact form factor.

It has been reliable, excepting with one magazine that appears defective new out of the package.

Name:  2335BCF2-CAE0-4AF3-8861-6606BE934CD8.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  62.3 KB

I measured the LOP and it is about 14.25 -- would like to take an inch off the stock length to make it handier.

I cut mine (wood stock) down to 13”. Much handier.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

I got a second DBM, and mounted a NF 1-4. Zeroed it 2 inches high at 100 yards with the Gold Dot 150 grain. It shoots this load reasonably well.

Name:  D8EE42C0-BAAC-4BB4-BDFC-9F820BFF8A49.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  66.8 KB

Name:  F8FED064-A10C-410E-BB87-09970275D8AF.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  36.4 KB

Name:  05E599AF-2A75-4477-B8AB-938C571CC7EC.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  34.3 KB

User Tag List