Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Browning MK 3 DBM

I picked up my DBM this morning. Have not shot it yet, but my initial impressions are very positive. I could see this as a walking around long gun around dangerous animals, or for hunting around dangerous animals, like for deer on Kodiak Island. Aimpoint micro for straight defense and a 1-6 for hunting.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

These are available again; getting notices from many retailers.

Y’all are tempting me to try one of these rifles. I recently handled the non-DBM version, at a local gun store. Ergonomics seem much like my favored Benelli M2 shotguns, particularly the safety being in a familiar place, .308 Winchester, 10-round mags available without breaking the bank; what’s not to like? (Yes, I am OK with ten-round mags.)

I had long been eyeing the pre-Mark III BARs, wishing that Browning would release a version that takes BLR mags. Well, now we have the Mark III DBM. It cannot share mags with my BLRs, but it is remarkable when any firearms manufacturer makes something this close to something for which I had wished.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Collector's has had a DBM with black poly stocks every time I've been there in recent months.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Put a Nightforce 1-4 in NF ultralight low rings on the rifle. This scope matches well, although I am not keen on the camo pattern.

Name:  0F51CD79-7610-43D7-850C-CE6E818FE878.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  40.7 KB

Name:  2A7DBC19-5720-42CB-8111-EA808AE69555.jpeg
Views: 888
Size:  98.5 KB

It was only boresighted, and I didn’t have a chance to get to a range longer than 25 yards. Zero was close enough and I shot it on a pistol array to see how it would work for close quick action. The gun functioned and was very comfortable to shoot. Trigger is surprisingly good. Safety is a bit stiff but not terrible for how I envision using this. Here it is on a pistol array.

End of my pistol session, I got to shoot the DBM at 100 yards. Keep in mind I have a NF 1-4 circle dot scope, which is not ideal for shooting small groups. I got a rough zero with Federal 168 match, and for three shot groups was getting about 2 inches, decent for my use of this rifle but nothing to write home about. Then I tried Federal Trophy Bonded 150 Copper. It definitely shows promise!

Name:  F5D1AF20-E296-45D8-84B7-0B8310C2C0D9.jpg
Views: 757
Size:  42.8 KB

Name:  6804C27B-4237-4DD3-A8BE-B710A736AB5E.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  59.7 KB

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Saw excellent groups reported with 150gr Fusions on another site.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Collector's has had a DBM with black poly stocks every time I've been there in recent months.
    Well, ding-dang-darn-it, somebody JUST bought the .308 BLR, at Collectors, that I was wantin’ to put on lay-awake, I mean, lay-away, so, I just might have to settle for that BAR DBM, after all....

Sigh.

Yes, I have two BLRs, already, both .308, but wanted to try the version with the straight-grip stock. Plus, that spare-and-a-spare concept...
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

While rooting around in a box of magazines for guns I don’t have anymore, I came across a 20-rd .308 FNAR mag. Looks like a longer version of the BAR MK3 DBM mag. Inserts, locks and drops free; locks the bolt back. Seems likely it will work fine in this rifle.

Name:  7E220D2C-C054-4520-BC69-BF588537D307.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  24.5 KB

Name:  73DE73ED-0D4D-44BE-8D98-064D7328451E.jpg
Views: 937
Size:  99.0 KB

Gentlemen

Any updates on this rifle?

Thanks.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

User Tag List