Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Canceled - We'll Go Insane ?

Football Canceled - We'll Go Insane ?

(Thought provoking article) -

If football were canceled, would America go insane?

by Jon Rappoport

https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2...ica-go-insane/
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 09-28-2017 at 11:40 AM. Reason: please do not post the full text of copyrighted works

I think Jon Rappoport needs to lay off the doobies.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    I think Jon Rappoport needs to lay off the doobies.
    Now that's an ad hominem attack

I agree with some of his points, not all of them. But like to consider various viewpoints.
    Last edited by SamAdams; 09-28-2017 at 09:41 AM.

Can't stand football. I used to care less, but deal with too many drunk idiots vicariously living through others. Tired of people grabbing my arm with (did you see that), the (what's the score), the go (away for me) team, etc.

Site Supporter
    I couldn't actually determine what point he was trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Can't stand football. I used to care less, but deal with too many drunk idiots vicariously living through others. Tired of people grabbing my arm with (did you see that), the (what's the score), the go (away for me) team, etc.
    Being in a football stadium is an exercise in holding back your instinct to throw people off of bridges.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson4405 View Post
    I couldn't actually determine what point he was trying to make.
    I followed his argument about the insanity of some people identifying with spectator sports to a ridiculous degree. IMO his closing sentences kinda threw things off. Without them, the article makes more sense to me.

Site Supporter
    I agree that's where I thought he was going, but then his ending made me think I must have missed it completely.

People are too caught up in sports to I'm in heaven because my teams won and my whole quality of life depends on their performance.

Interesting article- if football went away it would probably be a good thing. I say this as a massive Ohio State Buckeyes fan. The last couple years I have not watched as much football overall and would miss it if I couldn't watch it.
    The players are overpaid and think too highly of themselves.
    Pretty much just like the Romans of old- the masses must stay entertained.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Being in a football stadium is an exercise in holding back your instinct to throw people off of bridges.
    Not the NFL but in, (I believe), 1989 my wife got tickets for the Orange Bowl game featuring Notre Dame and as I recall Colorado. It might be a year or two either way.

I hate Notre Dame but had to root for them so that UM would win the championship. (I didn't really know what low lives comprised the UM team back then in general as college football wasn't my thing.)

Anyway, we were in the Notre Dame section and this one drunk fan was knocking into folks for most of the game and actually caused a couple people to fall over the bench seats. Me and another guy made eye contact, obviously had the same idea and nodded...at which point we grabbed the miscreant and tossed him where he would land without hitting someone and doing further harm.

I don't think we saw him after that.

My wife left my new binoculars on the Metrorail to make the night complete.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List