Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Frustrating Range Day

No matter what I'm doing I like to leave the range on a high note. Sometimes it comes from shooting a string exceptionally well and I decide it's time to go. Other times if I've been frustrated by trying to master or improve upon a particular skill I will end the range session with something I do really well. That way I always leave with a feeling of satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    An interesting point...after a while, shooting stops getting fun.

Winning however...winning never gets old.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    You know... I really don't mind winning, but, I really enjoy "taking the shot". That's my motivation. I just like it.

That said, training is difficult....

It is interesting how different things motivate different people. I could care less about the winning part. I am not going to be the national champion, and "winning" because I happen to be better than who else is at the match doesn't do it for me. I love the process of shooting and what motivates me is to continue improving at the art of shooting. I never tire of shooting. A number of guys I have seen burn out at shooting, are the ones that get wrapped up in the winning part.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Ive had those days. Where I dry fire and everything seems to go so smooth then I go to the range and everything is out of whack. I would get so mad and try to send more and more rounds downrange to fix the issue and have found this is counterproductive. I just try to walk away or call it a day if its really bad from now on. We have all been there and everyone who is trying to get better will always experience these days. Its basically how you bounce back from this that will help you improve.

User Tag List