Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to carry a gun in a dress....

So now what? There's "empire waist" carry? IEW?
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Wonder what kind of FAST score she can get.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I'd imagine that yanking the dress up would be an effective diversion.

I was going through the threads on the IDPA forum's equipment board and someone was asking about a holster called a Remora that does not have a belt attachment. Having never heard of it, I Googled and found their website but it did not have any pictures of someone wearing the holster so I went back to the search and I clicked on the first video:
    http://youtu.be/4izM0fiz6kk
    14.34 CC in workout clothing, a bathing suit, and boxer shorts
    Yup, Bikini Carry.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    I was going through the threads on the IDPA forum's equipment board and someone was asking about a holster called a Remora that does not have a belt attachment. Having never heard of it, I Googled and found their website but it did not have any pictures of someone wearing the holster so I went back to the search and I clicked on the first video:
    http://youtu.be/4izM0fiz6kk
    14.34 CC in workout clothing, a bathing suit, and boxer shorts
    Yup, Bikini Carry.
    That's actually something useful to me, I spend probably 90% of my time in sweatpants and gym shorts. I've been thinking about making a neoprene belt with a Kydex reinforcement for stiffening where the holster itself would go to wear IWB, but this may work as well.

J.Ja
    Owner/President of Titanium Crowbar, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    If you want to advance in the field of fashion critic, it's called an "empire waist".
    Sadly I once won a game of Trivial Pursuit by knowing this.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jmjames View Post
    That's actually something useful to me, I spend probably 90% of my time in sweatpants and gym shorts. I've been thinking about making a neoprene belt with a Kydex reinforcement for stiffening where the holster itself would go to wear IWB, but this may work as well.

J.Ja
    FWIW, I picked up one of the 511 Pistol Pouches for when I want to carry but not wear a belt. My wife said I look like a tourist when I wear it but most of the time its just to walk the dog and he doesn't seem too embarrassed about being seen with me. I got it after watching the review linked below and was sold by the part about concealing a medium frame gun with a mounted light.
    http://youtu.be/sl7IvDbnWBI

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    FWIW, I picked up one of the 511 Pistol Pouches for when I want to carry but not wear a belt. My wife said I look like a tourist when I wear it but most of the time its just to walk the dog and he doesn't seem too embarrassed about being seen with me. I got it after watching the review linked below and was sold by the part about concealing a medium frame gun with a mounted light.
    http://youtu.be/sl7IvDbnWBI
    That looks pretty good for what it is. I work from home but I hit the gym in the afternoon which is why I wear gym clothes all day.

Thanks!

J.Ja
    Owner/President of Titanium Crowbar, LLC

I'm actually kinda embarrassed that I never thought of that, not even back when I actually dressed like that. Derp.
    <FireFly>You wearing a dress is like a sheep walking on its hindlegs.</FireFly>
    #RESIST

not even back when I actually dressed like that. Derp.
    On many forums the rule is; "Pics, or it didn't happen"

User Tag List