Thread: Prep for Removing H&K Trench?

Prep for Removing H&K Trench?

What kind of frame prep is needed to remove the H&K P30 trench and still do a good job? Do you have to remove the trigger and magazine releases? I'd like the contour and finish to blend in nicely.

I would strip the frame completely, if for no other reason than to simplify clean up when you're done de-trenching. There's going to be a measurable amount of polymer "dust" or shavings floating around - I wouldn't want to get that crap into the guts of the pistol permanently.

It'll also clear the work area for you so you don't have to worry about unintentionally hitting the trigger/magazine release/etc while doing your work.

I know HK detail strip is a PITA, but I'd definitely do it.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I would strip the frame completely, if for no other reason than to simplify clean up when you're done de-trenching. There's going to be a measurable amount of polymer "dust" or shavings floating around - I wouldn't want to get that crap into the guts of the pistol permanently.

It'll also clear the work area for you so you don't have to worry about unintentionally hitting the trigger/magazine release/etc while doing your work.

I know HK detail strip is a PITA, but I'd definitely do it.
    Thanks. Now I know why some smiths charge $95 to de-trench. Makes sense.

User Tag List