Thread: Smarter Everyday: See Through Suppressor in Slow Motion

Smarter Everyday: See Through Suppressor in Slow Motion

Smarter Everyday puts out some awesome videos, but this time, he's outdone himself. Soteria Suppressors built a few different suppressors with an acrylic case and they were filmed in slow motion by Smarter Everyday. The results are very interesting

Watching the flame propagation and the gas flow is fascinating
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Very cool! Thanks for posting that.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

What's really interesting is the suppressor being shot at 3:39. You can see that it has two different styles of chambers and the second works to extinguish the flames inside the can. What causes the flames is the hot gasses mixing with oxygen and reigniting. This mixing and igniting is what causes muzzle flash. Flash hiders work by dispersing, cooling and slowing the mixing of the gasses with the air outside the bore as the gasses exit. I wonder if this extinguishing action works to eliminate first round pop
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Now that's cool. Appreciate you sharing it.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    What's really interesting is the suppressor being shot at 3:39. You can see that it has two different styles of chambers and the second works to extinguish the flames inside the can. What causes the flames is the hot gasses mixing with oxygen and reigniting. This mixing and igniting is what causes muzzle flash. Flash hiders work by dispersing, cooling and slowing the mixing of the gasses with the air outside the bore as the gasses exit. I wonder if this extinguishing action works to eliminate first round pop
    I agree. I thought that was the most interesting design and looked to be the most effective. It would be nice to see and hear some data on that design.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

He has a second channel with more footage.

First Round Pop

Site: https://discreetballistics.com/popst...nd-pop-matter/

Utility: Pop Stop can reportedly reduce FRP up to 9dB. That is approximately the difference between a lawnmower and a chainsaw. It may be important in some applications.

Reference: https://noisedb.nal.gov.au/search/simple

Really cool. @Hansohn Brothers
    #RESIST

User Tag List