Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Movie Wind River

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Does everything have to revert to politics?
    I really wish it didn't. I'm not even that conservative, but I just can't help noticing how liberal hollywood is and how subversive they have become about it. For instance, did you know that while a cartoon about Christmas with Santa or Easter with a bunny can be rated G, any depiction of biblical Jesus bumps the rating to PG for "thematic elements"?

/hijack
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 05-23-2019 at 08:28 PM.

The righteous smiting of bad guys, especially when done with leverguns, transcends politics.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    The righteous smiting of bad guys, especially when done with leverguns, transcends politics.
    Especially when done with a righteous caliber, such as the 45-70.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    I really wish it didn't. I'm not even that conservative, but I just can't help noticing how liberal hollywood is and how subversive they have become about it. For instance, did you know that while a cartoon about Christmas with Santa or Easter with a bunny can be rated G, any depiction of biblical Jesus bumps the rating to PG for "thematic elements"?

/hijack

And yet several entire genre's of movies reinforce how important it can be to have a gun. One can't read into it that that is their intent, and the visa versa applies a lot of the time. A lot is in the eye of the beholder.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    I haven't seen Sicario or Yellowstone, but Hell or High Water was pretty liberal themed: dying mother couldn't get the medical care she needed with her evil insurance so the evil bank gives her a loan she can't repay - both problems just begging for big government fixes! Bonus: all the armed civilians were ineffectual doofuses/liabilities throughout the movie.
    I did not pick up on that. Seemed more like the theme they were trying to drive, Alberto touched on when they were across from the bank.

And at the end of the day, desperate people doing dangerous things. Outlaws being Outlaws.

I absolutely love this guys work. Wind River is one of my favorite movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List