Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Wind River

I watched Wind River last night & really liked it. I thank y'all for bringing it to my attention.

I also watched The Ballad of Lefty Brown. I thought it was a pretty good flick as well.
    Last edited by LOBO; 11-24-2017 at 12:41 AM.

We regularly did PT runs in negative degree weather at FT Drum- outside of frozen nose hairs, nobody suffered ill effects. The worst was -50 wind chill which became a source of pride after running in it for four miles.
    We did plenty of training in negative temperatures and never had any issues outside of being cold.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Calling coyotes in like that so fast and the second coyote sitting around going “huh” was pretty funny. Still, a great movie.

Who here besides @Lost River and I, knew what a gambrel is?
    Girlfriend was a Taxidermist. She says they had a whole building full of them, but they were simply called “hooks”. Said she never heard of anyone dragging animals with them. In her world it was a daily use tool.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Girlfriend was a Taxidermist. She says they had a whole building full of them, but they were simply called “hooks”. Said she never heard of anyone dragging animals with them. In her world it was a daily use tool.

Neither have I.

I think you might have misread what was written.

Nobody drags an animal with a gambrel. It is left in the back of the rig. For that matter, If you are going to skin an animal for its fur, dragging it (unless it is over snow) is generally not advised, as it is not good for the pelt.

If you look behind the 12 year old with her .45 tucked behind her mounted shooting buckle, you will note the banister has an unlucky Wile E. Coyote, and a few cousins hanging out..

Back when pelts were worth bothering with it was time well spent. These days, not so much.

Thanks for the recommendation; good movie.

"Why you flanking me?"

That scene escalated quickly.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Calling coyotes in like that so fast and the second coyote sitting around going “huh” was pretty funny. Still, a great movie.

Who here besides @Lost River and I, knew what a gambrel is?
    I confess I had to look it up. After seeing it, I immediately recognized it. Just never knew the name. Just called it a hanger.

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Neither have I.

I think you might have misread what was written.

Nobody drags an animal with a gambrel. It is left in the back of the rig. For that matter, If you are going to skin an animal for its fur, dragging it (unless it is over snow) is generally not advised, as it is not good for the pelt.

If you look behind the 12 year old with her .45 tucked behind her mounted shooting buckle, you will note the banister has an unlucky Wile E. Coyote, and a few cousins hanging out..

Back when pelts were worth bothering with it was time well spent. These days, not so much.

I do for the occasional yote here on the property and was disappointed to find they really aren't worth the effort to skin and sell.

I've a gambrel hanging in my garage, right over a kiddie pool, but sadly havent used it this year.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Did anyone else notice the Nightforce MOAR reticle when he was hunting?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    You need to get a nice 22-250 and take that gal coyote hunting before she leaves you.
    #RESIST

You need to get a nice 22-250 and take that gal coyote hunting before she leaves you.
    She is liking the 3D Archery range over the swimming pool, bass fishing on the golf course, and 76 degrees on thanksgiving. She has killed enough deer, elk, coyotes and craploads of birds for a lifetime. Now.....all she wants to do is here is hunt hogs (which I can find easily) and likes watching me work the predators on my world in downtown Dallas. I think after 25 years of having to kill coyotes to protect your livestock, digging the vehicle out of snow before work, and being glued to all that owning a real ranch entails, she is liking retirement life in a gated community. If nothing else, my house looks like it should now...plus, most of the chairs are covered with pelts.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List