Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Wind River

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    Those of you watching this on Prime, are you able to rent it? My only option is to purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatypo
    Nope. Just purchase. Couple more days and I'll probably cave and spend the money.

That's saying a lot, because I'm a cheap bastard, and pretty jaded about giving Hollyweird my money.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

This movie only played in one theater near me, and it played at times when I couldn't get to the theater. So far, it is only available for purchase from my "on demand".
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    This movie only played in one theater near me, and it played at times when I couldn't get to the theater. So far, it is only available for purchase from my "on demand".
    It would be worth the money but eventually free is a good bet too! The bigger the screen the better for this one.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

It is an excellent film. I am glad I saw it on the big screen. Having said that, the story is very compelling and the lead actors clearly worked at their weapons skills. I think if you can watch it on a big LCD flat screen that would be a pretty good experience.
    Last edited by AlwaysLearning; 11-08-2017 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Nope. Just purchase. Couple more days and I'll probably cave and spend the money.

That's saying a lot, because I'm a cheap bastard, and pretty jaded about giving Hollyweird my money.
    I hear ya. I'm cheap too and will wait for it to go to rent. It was a girls night out tonight so I bach'd it and watched 6 Days for .99.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    I hear ya. I'm cheap too and will wait for it to go to rent. It was a girls night out tonight so I bach'd it and watched 6 Days for .99.

Oh my. My girls are in Florida for another week. It's Six Days tomorrow night for sure!
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    If you are able to watch it on the big screen at a movie theatre it is money well spent. The scenery and cinematography are incredible.

I watched it twice at the theatre, because I was late and missed part of the beginning the first time. It was a great movie and the finale was pretty intense. I liked Jane the F.B.I. (Olsen twin from tv show `Full House`) agent from Vegas who is one of the lead characters in the film. She did a great job and Renner was really good too. I love when she asks him what he does (U.S. Fish and Wildlife Officer), he responds "I'm a hunter." Jane asks, "Would you like to help me hunt a predator."

Yeah, it reminded me of the show 'Longmire' too. The movie is worth watching and is like one of the old Westerns hollywood used to make. It's the same director from the movies 'Hell and Highwater' and 'Sicario.'

P.S. I'm a .223/ 5.56 shooter when it comes to rifles, but never considered the tactical use of a large heavy caliber. My good friend has a .45-70 rifle and I have sbot it several times. With full loads it kicks hard, and I can only imagine the effects of such power to the human anatomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post

I was going to hold out for rental because I'm a cheap bastard, but I'm glad I bought it.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Purchased a minute ago. Poured a deep Statesman bourbon and fixin to watch now.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Fuck me. Worth twice. Wow.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List