Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Electronic ear muffs with a brimmed hat

Electronic ear muffs with a brimmed hat

Looking for a recommendation for a set of electronic ear muffs that will work with a hat that has a brim all the way around. Like a bush hat.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Looking for a recommendation for a set of electronic ear muffs that will work with a hat that has a brim all the way around. Like a bush hat.
    In to see if there's any new options. I'd like to finds something that would fit that bill (pun intended) myself.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

N/M

Thought you were looking for hat recommendations, not muff recommendations.

#readingfail
    Last edited by Guerrero; 09-23-2017 at 11:49 AM.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    N/M

Thought you were looking for hat recommendations, not muff recommendations.

#readingfail
    Muffs
    writin is not my strong suit. Will take hat recommendations too!

I have a set of Peltors with a back band for this very reason. They've lasted quite a while

I bought a set of Peltors for this precise purpose, but I have been underwhelmed with them. For just shooting, I guess they are fine, but I don't like using them when teaching as my voice sounds strangely muffled.

The electronics are also funky. One side works better than the other.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Howard leight doesn't make an electronic version with behind the neck feature or I would have just bought them.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I bought a set of Peltors for this precise purpose, but I have been underwhelmed with them. For just shooting, I guess they are fine, but I don't like using them when teaching as my voice sounds strangely muffled.

The electronics are also funky. One side works better than the other.
    I ran into the same problem with my Peltors. I do wish Howard Leight would make a set with electronics.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Howard leight doesn't make an electronic version with behind the neck feature or I would have just bought them.
    Sordin does, though it's quite expensive. https://srstactical.com/msa-sordin-s...-neckband.html

For years now I have to wear a wide brim to avoid sun exposure. None of the behind the neck versions ever made me happy and seemed to slip out of place a lot. I tried Walker game ear (target ear) and the things worked but never lasted more than 18 months and went kaput. I got these a year ago and have been very pleased so far...expensive, but solved the problem for me. I drop the cord down the back of my shirt and clip the unit on my belt for range use. I am hoping they will hold up for a few years.

User Tag List