Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brown Bear 115gr Bimetal FMJ Lacquered Case

Exclamation Brown Bear 115gr Bimetal FMJ Lacquered Case

Anybody use these or have issues with them? Would be shot from Gen 5 G-19. Just happened to 1,000 given to me. Figure at worst I can use them on zombies. Would like to use them up, but not if they suck and throw of my live fire training.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  60.8 KB
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Site Supporter
    Just ran a loose packed case of 115gr Barnaul through a Beretta 92a1 and a 3rd Gen G26. Had four or five misfires, groups weren't as tight as 147gr Speer Lawman, and it was a bit stinky - the loaded rounds had a distinct odor, not bad, but the smoke and residue on the guns was very smelly.

No other issues.

Site Supporter
    I shoot them. I normally shoot my reloads but got a bunch of these on sale. I have been running them through my SIG MPX SBR with no issues. No issues popping primers with "stock" trigger systems. They were not reliable in a gamer G34 with trigger work - again, no issues with stock trigger systems.

PS - so which class was the last hard Ranger class? I always thought it was 10-81 (aka 1981).
    Last edited by ranger; 09-23-2017 at 08:59 AM.

Site Supporter
    I bought two thousand rounds earlier this​ year and have about 600 left. Over the years I've shot a lot if it. The recent stuff has harder primers--maybe 1 in 150 fail to ignite in my Gen4 G19 with a stock trigger. It's dirty ammo and the noise/recoil seems to have more shot to shot variation than other ammo. I am certain that I will continue to buy it as all the negative aspects are outweighed by the low price.

EDIT: The only time I won't shoot it is during a 2000 round challenge because the gun just gets too dirty by the end. Slide starts to slow down and reliability drops.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pangloss; 09-23-2017 at 09:38 AM.

Site Supporter
    While you can get away with shooting that crap in your gun, why would you want to? Shoot good to great quality ammo and nothing else. My standard is, if I wouldn't drink their water, I won't shoot their ammo.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    I bought 1000 rounds of it when SG had it on sale for $160. I had one bad primer and it was stinky, filthy shit. I'd have to dig up the targets to confirm but I think it shot 3 to 3 1/2 inch groups at 25 yards.

Shot quite a bit of it in my Gen 4 17 training gun. Works fine in that particular gun, and I'll probably shoot what's left in the basement in my 17.5.

If you're running a lighter than normal striker spring, you could run into light strikes, as the primers appear to be a bit harder than normal commercial ammo.

That said, factory loaded, brass cased practice ammo is widely available, and you can buy a case of 115 grain S&B 9x19 for 173 bucks a case from SG Ammo.
    Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 09-23-2017 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I shoot them. I normally shoot my reloads but got a bunch of these on sale. I have been running them through my SIG MPX SBR with no issues. No issues popping primers with "stock" trigger systems. They were not reliable in a gamer G34 with trigger work - again, no issues with stock trigger systems.

PS - so which class was the last hard Ranger class? I always thought it was 10-81 (aka 1981).
    Class 7-00 of course, lol

Site Supporter
    Everything is relative. I bought this ammo during the big ammo scare when any 9mm was heard to find plus reloading supplies were scarce. Agreed that we are in a great time to buy ammo.

Didn't think it was great ammo- just trying to guage how low. I agree that sometimes the cost of ammo would make it a necessary buy. My stepson couldn't fit it when he moved to Cali- so he gave it to me.

User Tag List