Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P2000SK vs P30SK...again

I've owned the P2000sk, and a couple of "full size" P2000's. As you probably know, the full size P2000 is actually a compact pistol by most standards. I shot them side by side and my performance with the FS P2000 was much better than the sk. I also found the FS P2000 about as easy to conceal as the sk in JMCK AIWB. For me, the sk just doesn't have much to offer. I find the P2000 very easy to carry under a light weight shirt and it performs great. For reference I'm 5' 10", 180lb, and prefer fitted shirts.

On the very rare occasions I feel the need for a smaller gun, I'll switch to a single stack like the S&W Shield.

If you're really on the fence between the two guns, it may be worthwhile to check the sight options for the P2000sk and P30sk - it seems like the options are pretty limited for both but there might be a few more choices for the P30.

Last edited by Mark D; 09-24-2017 at 10:48 PM. Reason: clarity

Were I in your position, I would not go either. I would probably get an HK45c or a USPc for off duty carry, and a dedicated backup gun like a 340pd or some such.

I say this because you don't get to carry over mags from your primary to backup as you propose already, and both the USP and 45cs will be more like your duty weapon.

This way you also have a consistent backup piece you can run off duty as well.

I really like the p2000sk and the p30sk, the p30 being slightly better to me but I don't experience the p30 squirm some complain of. But as the poster above, I just don't have a good role for the SKs. They are a bit too big for a backup gun for my purposes, and don't really give me any concealment advantage a p2000 or HK45c doesn't already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

P30sk

Have a good one
    Ray

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    Were I in your position, I would not go either. I would probably get an HK45c or a USPc for off duty carry, and a dedicated backup gun like a 340pd or some such.

I say this because you don't get to carry over mags from your primary to backup as you propose already, and both the USP and 45cs will be more like your duty weapon.

This way you also have a consistent backup piece you can run off duty as well.

I really like the p2000sk and the p30sk, the p30 being slightly better to me but I don't experience the p30 squirm some complain of. But as the poster above, I just don't have a good role for the SKs. They are a bit too big for a backup gun for my purposes, and don't really give me any concealment advantage a p2000 or HK45c doesn't already.

I don't think USP .45 mags will work in a 45c or USPc. HK45 mags will but the full sized USP mags.

If I had neither, I'd probably lean P30SK because that price tag...

I, however, already own a pair of P2000SK's. I recently shot a friend of mine's P30SK and while I liked it, I didn't like it more than my P2000SK's to make me want to sell them (at a probable loss) for P30SK replacements. Ok I could most likely sell the P2000SK's for more than I'd pay for new P30SK's, but for me it's not worth the hassle or risk of being wrong.

As for P2000's... sold the one and only one I had (LEM also) because I kept getting bit by the mag during a change. Something about the size of my hand, the size of the grip, and my technique I guess would cause frequent events of my hand getting pinched between the frame and magazine base plate. Many a welt and blood blister was achieved before I finally said "NOPE!" Same thing happens on the USPc it turns out.

YMMV. IANAL. I did not stay at a holiday inn last light. Some assembly may be required. Void where prohibited in all 50 states. This post is not gluten-free, and has been shown to cause cancer in lab mice.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I don't think USP .45 mags will work in a 45c or USPc. HK45 mags will but the full sized USP mags.
    I should say "but not the full sized USP .45 magazines".

I believe that is correct, and I conceded that there would be no mag compatibility between the backup either way, or I intended my phrasing to if I didn't.

My point was based upon both of those guns being significantly more similar to the USP than either of the SKs are.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    I believe that is correct, and I conceded that there would be no mag compatibility between the backup either way, or I intended my phrasing to if I didn't.

My point was based upon both of those guns being significantly more similar to the USP than either of the SKs are.

I may not have paid close enough attention to your original post. Which drives me insane when others do what I did.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 09-25-2017 at 04:22 PM.

I may not have paid close enough attention to your original post. Which drives me insane when others do what I did.
    No worries. I've only worked like 34 of the last 48 hrs, so my posting isn't exactly razor sharp at the moment.

I don't want a USP Compact.

I want the smallest pistol available that has an LEM trigger.

User Tag List