Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P2000SK vs P30SK...again

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    I don't want a USP Compact.

I want the smallest pistol available that has an LEM trigger.
    If that's the sole criteria, I'd pick based on which locks in your hands best. They are both mechanically excellent guns.

For my large size, thinner fingered, hands the P30sk fits better than the p2000sk.

I also do not find the p30 type stippling to be very abrading to bare skin, I think HK did a really good job on that count.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have no range time with the P30 SK (only handled one), but I have owned a P2000 SK for a couple of years. It is my 7th HK pistol that I purchased.

As someone else pointed-out, the pistol shoots like a full-size gun. Mine is the DA/SA model and the trigger is nice and smooth after several hundred rounds of 9mm 115 ball ammo. It has become on of my favorite HKs to shoot and carry. Very accurate and reliable. I use the extended grip base, but for carrying on your vest the flat bases may work better.

My only regret is not buying the gun with the factory installed night sights. My factory sights are right-on point, so now I don't want to change them-out. It's a great pistol. If you prefer the square blocky USP grip, then it would suit you well, not to mention the smoother grip panel for CCW.

Last thing that I would mention is that it's not a small gun per se. It is slightly smaller in size than the standard P2000 which is comparable to a G19 in size. I don't know anyone that carries one on-duty as a BUG on a vest, but know plenty of folks who use the G26 of G27 in that role. Something worth considering.

P.S. I have the HK USP compact 9mm and the holsters work interchangeably with the P2000 SK.

Fairly personal. Wayne Dobbs shoots the crap out of a P30SK and I prefer the P2000SK. We have traded several guns back and forth to where Wayne now has a couple P30SK's and I have P2000SK's in that size gun. Hand shape, experience, carry style, etc. will all be slightly different. Here are the sways for me....

I like the HD sights. Great on the P2000SK, unusable for IWB due to hang off the back razor blades on the P30SK. For everything else, the P30SK has far more options.

The P30SK works well with the 4.1 kit, combined with just building a solid light LEM.

Against the skin all day, P2000SK, the P30SK is more configurable to your exact hand size.

I only use flat or modified pinky extension mags with my P2000SK, so I don't care, but the P30 has more mag extension accessories.

Very similar guns and the differences are not huge. I think the P2000 grip being more USP like may be a positive for me, as I have spent most of my adult life with a USP full size .45 as a duty gun or SWAT gun.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List