Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need suggestions for an EDC backpack that fits 18" laptops

Need suggestions for an EDC backpack that fits 18" laptops

I don't wanna hijack rob_s' thread since what he was looking for is different than what I'm after. The reason I say 18" laptop is because I have an HP Envy that is 17.3", but it will not fit in any of the bags that say they will fit a 17.3" laptop. I'm not too picky on looks, I don't even care if it has exposed MOLLE. I just need a well built backpack to fit my laptop. Don't care about price either, I'll spend good money on something if it's worth it.

Vertx Gamut Plus? I'll measure when I get home. I know it makes my XPS 15 and my work laptop (15.4" workstation) seem tiny.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I don't wanna hijack rob_s' thread since what he was looking for is different than what I'm after. The reason I say 18" laptop is because I have an HP Envy that is 17.3", but it will not fit in any of the bags that say they will fit a 17.3" laptop. I'm not too picky on looks, I don't even care if it has exposed MOLLE. I just need a well built backpack to fit my laptop. Don't care about price either, I'll spend good money on something if it's worth it.
    I have a Vertx Gamut Plus as well and will measure when I get home. I would happily sell it should it meet your requirements, it has seen little use aside from some dog hair.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Wow I somehow looked right past the Gamut Plus on their website. I looked at every other pack and found them to be too small. That looks to be perfect for my needs.

Laptop is roughly 11 1/4" wide, 17 1/4" tall. I'll wait to order until you measure yours. Thanks.

Wow I somehow looked right past the Gamut Plus on their website. I looked at every other pack and found them to be too small. That looks to be perfect for my needs.

Laptop is roughly 11 1/4" wide, 17 1/4" tall. I'll wait to order until you measure yours. Thanks.
    PM coming.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Yeah, it's rather large but carries very well. It was my daily pack for a good while and I only swapped because I got a Filson briefcase. Ironically I toss the Filson into a larger backpack for days when I ride my motorcycle in to work.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

This EDC backpack thing is new to me, I've only recently had a need for one. Right now I'm using my giant Badlands hunting pack that you could basically carry half an elk out of the woods in. It's not ideal to meet with customers and look like Ted fricking Nugent fresh off a Texas hunting safari.

The Gamut+ should have plenty of room for your 18" laptop.

Just measured mine, and the laptop pocket can handle a 11.5"+ wide X 21" height laptop. Great pack.
    Last edited by tmoore912; 09-22-2017 at 04:56 PM.

Osprey is my go-to brand for EDC packs. Their customer service is top-notch and they have a huge variety of packs. I prefer Wild Things or Arcteryx for technical packs (though Osprey's are still very, very good), but Osprey is great for smaller packs. As to the specific size of your laptop, if you email them I'm sure they would be happy to tell you the specifics of their laptop sleeves. Plus even their "urban" packs double as trail packs, so it is multifunctional.

https://www.ospreypacks.com/us/en/ca...s/urban-trail/
    "I need your help. I can't tell you what it is, you can never ask me about it later, and we're gonna hurt some people."

I have the Vertx Gamut (not sure if it's the Plus or not) and it works very well for protecting my 17" laptop unlike most backpacks which will only have a thin compartment, not actual protection.

It will handle a 18" nicely.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List