Thread: Not to Typical NJ Experience...

Not to Typical NJ Experience...

So I went into Trenton PD today to pick up my new Firearms ID card. It's basically a purchasers permit....pointless.

The 2 detectives that were issuing me my permits were hilarious. The one is retiring soon and asked, "So what are you planning on buying? I wanted to ask you......" and then he pulls out a gigantic .44 Super Redhawk from his desk and asks if I want to buy it. I said, "Nice! I don't do too much handgun hunting though, I've only ever done bird and deer with a muzzleloader." He made the biggest, most geniune grin possible and said, "Nah, this is for hunting two-legs! You do that hunting too, right?"

I don't know, maybe this just isn't so funny to you guys. I still can't stop laughing. This was NOT the experience I expected to have with getting my FID, especially in Trenton....the guys even started going on mocking anti-gun statements and complaining about how I can't carry in NJ.

Anyone else ever had any funny experiences with the police like this? All I ever read is horror stories about NJ PD's sitting on FID applications for months at a time. I got mine in 3 weeks and Trenton PD's detectives were awesome throughout the process. I still can't get over the smile on that guys face as he pulled a long-barreled .44 Redhawk from his desk and tried to sell it to me. Hilarious.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Perhaps he is a PF member and was offering you something suitable for your dog walks.

Heartening indeed. Too bad you didn't ask him candidates his police union endorses.
    #RESIST

Back when we lived in Trenton my experiences mirrored yours. At one time the Trenton Assistant Chief of Police was one of the most vocal pro gun voices in the state.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Perhaps he is a PF member and was offering you something suitable for your dog walks.
    No, I've settled on a .500 S&W X-Frame. Anything less is asking to get killed when a dog looks at you. We did talk about what I use for a carry rig/CCW when in PA, though.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Heartening indeed. Too bad you didn't ask him candidates his police union endorses.
    That probably would have been a good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by rsa-otc View Post
    Back when we lived in Trenton my experiences mirrored yours. At one time the Trenton Assistant Chief of Police was one of the most vocal pro gun voices in the state.
    That's awesome. It really surprises me given the amount of crime/the quality of the average citizen, and from what I know all the other cities are pretty anti-2A.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List