Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Critique my draw, please?

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    For whatever reason, most likely trying to emulate the TLG pressout while working with a DA/SA Brig Tac and P30 LEM, I had a habit of leaning forward/hunching. I don't feel compelled to do that with SFA or SA guns, and find my consistency to be much better as well.

ETA: I can't say with any certainty that it's affected my speed, one way or the other.
    Yeah, I don't exactly know why I do that. I think the twisting comes from trying to clear the shirt with my support hand--I have short arms and a long torso so I have to twist a bit to reach. And based on the class I took earlier this year I think I might also be doing it a bit from a subconscious "keep the gun away from the assailant" move.

The hunching, no idea. Not intending to do it; probably trying to not be leaning back.

I'll work on some of the stance stuff with the laser trainer tonight or tomorrow and see if I can get myself a little straighter. Then I'll work on drawing later in the week.

Thanks again, everyone, for the feedback!
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

In addition to slowing the draw, hunching often slows transitions, and can cause vision problems for people with corrective lenses, as they are not looking through the center of their lenses.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List