Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Podcast's Question Please

Seeklander's podcast is as close as I know of that meet's the OP's criteria. There is some real gold in there, for example his interviews with Leatham, Langdon and Hackathorn among others.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I haven't found any single podcast that fits the bill, only selected episodes from a variety of different podcasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I think it's more about the guests, and less about the specific podcast. Ballistic radio has been mentioned, and rightfully so: there are several episodes (and most here already know the names; they're all largely members here) that I've listened to mulitiple times.
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    All of the people who I think would be on a P-F podcast in some manner have already been on most of the podcasts already mentioned. Not mentioned yet is the Practical Pistol Show (Ben Stoeger) who has had Gabe White on.
    Just the other day I was reflecting on the idea of a thread that served as a continually updated directory of PF alumni podcast appearances(perhaps also youtube videos or whatever).

If we could figure out a way to open source the project in a coherent manner, perhaps something akin to "A Game for the Ages Redux" thread, where podcast episodes are organized alphabetically by name of interview subject, I think that would be a tremendously valuable resource for the forum, especially people newer to the community.

At this point(2017) it would represent a significant and diverse compendium of knowledge, probably much more valuable to the average person than any book I could think of to purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Just the other day I was reflecting on the idea of a thread that served as a continually updated directory of PF alumni podcast appearances(perhaps also youtube videos or whatever).

If we could figure out a way to open source the project in a coherent manner, perhaps something akin to "A Game for the Ages Redux" thread, where podcast episodes are organized alphabetically by name of interview subject, I think that would be a tremendously valuable resource for the forum, especially people newer to the community.

At this point(2017) it would represent a significant and diverse compendium of knowledge, probably much more valuable to the average person than any book I could think of to purchase.
    TPI keeps a running thread for its members to update as they are on various podcast. It's alerted me to a few shows I didn't know about.

Some of Seeklanders stuff comes off as cheesy or just over the top to me, but I agree overall. He has had some very excellent interviews, and is in fact a pretty good interviewer.

I'd honestly grab a few of the American Warrior Show eps with guys like Craig, Ernest, Hackathorn and work from there more comprehensively if you can dig his style.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would look for the ones with @Mr_White in them.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 09-26-2017 at 06:02 AM.
    #RESIST

Someone needs to tell the hosts of Civilian Gunfighter podcast to stop typing during the darn interviews. Can't stand that.

All the humble brags and inside jokes by various podcasts get's really obnoxious for the listeners. I tuned in to learn something from the guests not to hear about all the free shit sponsors give you or star wars/DD references.

I like Seeklander's show.

It seems like it's the same 10 instructors being interviewed over and over on all the podcasts. I think more case studies and AAR need to be done on these podcasts.

Another vote for "The American Warrior Show" here. I do think he and Rich have had some really good interviews. The podcast led me to his competition handgun training books and a week with him in Oklahoma last spring. As someone new to USPSA he was great. Very structured, very professional. It seems his self defense program follows the same pattern.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Civilian Carry Radio is pretty decent with who they've had on recently.
    They've had a good few PF contributors on there.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Who would we consider to be P-F people?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Who would we consider to be P-F people?
    Tom Givens, Darryl Bolke, Gabe White, Surf, Paul Sharp, and probably a whole slew of others that my caffeine deficient brain isn't thinking of at the moment.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

User Tag List